My WORST 6 boxes EVER!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I realize this is still nothing to complain about considering some people have gone dozens and dozens of boxes with NO silver finds AT ALL, but they are still the worst for ME.

Funny story for starters: I went to one bank that should have had my boxes in by Fri. yesterday to see if they had come in... I think I got a teller who doesn't no much so he gave me a BS excuse about the person with the key not being there and that they PROBABLY hadn't come in yet and to come back Mon. Well I don't see how Mon. would change them not being there since this bank NEVER gets coin early in the week.

Anywho... so I went to a second bank that should have had them and they did. So I'm caring out 2 boxes at a time instead of my normal 3 since I was parked further away, and as soon as I leave the door and get onto the sidewalk of a BUSY main street... the box on the bottom COLLAPSES and I drop them both (good thing it was 2 and not 3). One of the boxes spilt rolls ALL OVER the sidewalk as people were walking by and such... some of the rolls even busted clear open and rolled coins all over the place. I went back through the door and shouted for a bag and then went back to picking up rolls and coins as the teller came out with a bag to help me. The teller ended up helping me carry all the boxes... we made a few more trips but at least no more of them dropped!

Back to the poor results:

For ALL 6 boxes:

2 - 40%
ZERO - 90%

I got 3 02's NIFC as my only NIFC finds, but I only need 05 and 07 for my book, so I threw them back into the reject box.

The only bright spot out of the whole thing was that while checking rims of the NIFC quality looking coins to see if they were proofs or NIFC, I picked up TWO 87's, one from each box. And to make it even better, one was a P and one was D, and I had yet to get either one for my book. So that was at least pretty cool.

Tomorrow should get me the last 6 boxes of this past batch of orders (since I think they had them yesterday but just didn't want to bother or didn't have easy access to them), and then I am taking a break from searching coin as I have other things I need to get done with my spare time. So no more boxes for me after these next 6, so they better all be good ones! lol

~Dave

Upvote 0

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
You have to get a cart, you are going to destroy your back carrying all those boxes. Lots of work but at least you had some silver.

chip500

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2008
I had the same luck with 6 brinks boxes, 2 40%'s and 2 NIFC's. Hopefully it will get better next week

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
BBcardsRI said:
I realize this is still nothing to complain about considering some people have gone dozens and dozens of boxes with NO silver finds AT ALL, but they are still the worst for ME.

Funny story for starters: I went to one bank that should have had my boxes in by Fri. yesterday to see if they had come in... I think I got a teller who doesn't no much so he gave me a BS excuse about the person with the key not being there and that they PROBABLY hadn't come in yet and to come back Mon. Well I don't see how Mon. would change them not being there since this bank NEVER gets coin early in the week.

Anywho... so I went to a second bank that should have had them and they did. So I'm caring out 2 boxes at a time instead of my normal 3 since I was parked further away, and as soon as I leave the door and get onto the sidewalk of a BUSY main street... the box on the bottom COLLAPSES and I drop them both (good thing it was 2 and not 3). One of the boxes spilt rolls ALL OVER the sidewalk as people were walking by and such... some of the rolls even busted clear open and rolled coins all over the place. I went back through the door and shouted for a bag and then went back to picking up rolls and coins as the teller came out with a bag to help me. The teller ended up helping me carry all the boxes... we made a few more trips but at least no more of them dropped!

Back to the poor results:

For ALL 6 boxes:

2 - 40%
ZERO - 90%

I got 3 02's NIFC as my only NIFC finds, but I only need 05 and 07 for my book, so I threw them back into the reject box.

The only bright spot out of the whole thing was that while checking rims of the NIFC quality looking coins to see if they were proofs or NIFC, I picked up TWO 87's, one from each box. And to make it even better, one was a P and one was D, and I had yet to get either one for my book. So that was at least pretty cool.

Tomorrow should get me the last 6 boxes of this past batch of orders (since I think they had them yesterday but just didn't want to bother or didn't have easy access to them), and then I am taking a break from searching coin as I have other things I need to get done with my spare time. So no more boxes for me after these next 6, so they better all be good ones! lol

~Dave

You normally carry out three boxes? I work out and can lift a good amout of weight but I cannot carry out more than two boxes at a time. Three would kill me. You gotta be able to get out of the bank doors, open the trunk, etc. I use a cart when I get 3 or more at a time and it works wonders.

Too bad out the low quality boxes. I have had a few of those myself in the last month. Hopefully the bad economy will get more people to dump grandpa's coin collection into the coinstar or bank counting machine so we can find them in our boxes. :thumbsup:

Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
jim4silver said:
BBcardsRI said:
You normally carry out three boxes? I work out and can lift a good amout of weight but I cannot carry out more than two boxes at a time. Three would kill me. Jim

LMAO.....Come on Jim, LJ & Cat can carry 3 boxes. Use your hip, and it helps to wear a belt.
A cart can be usefull.

Funny.

Mojo

OP
OP
BBcardsRI

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Thanks for the sympathy. =)

As far as using a cart, it would be practical, but I think I would just feel too weird asking for one and then wheeling it out and such, lol. And even worse to bring my own in. =)

Carrying three isn't too bad if you stack them on top of each other and carry them in front of you with your arms hanging straight down in like a locked position. Push the doors with your shoulder or elbow and then lift the boxes onto your truck as you unlock/open the car (I have a low trunk on a small car so at least that works for me).

I hope I have better luck this afternoon with those other 6... which I HOPE are at the bank already.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread