My X-Terra 305 Arrived today - seek advice

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well on Minelabs website theres a link to there forum with some nice test videos on the 305.Check them out they might help a bit. Good luck cant wait to get mine. :thumbsup:

swat2004

Mar 2, 2009
Loudoun Va
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Tesoro Tejon
I also recieved my 305 yesterday. Once the detector is turned on a constant hum was present and i can't get it to stop. Is this suppose to happen? I called Minelab yesterday and wanted to speak to someone in Tech support and was told they would call me back. I have yet to recieve a call back.

OP
OP
Thigh66

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
SWAT - That's the "Threshold"... it is a constant under tone that helps you ID finds. Check out the User Manual.

swat2004

Mar 2, 2009
Loudoun Va
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Tesoro Tejon
I reason i asked was because i saw some videos on the 305 and could not hear a constant tone when they were demostrating it.

OP
OP
Thigh66

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
Gottcha - there is a Threshold function in the menu - I havent played w/ it yet, but i'm sure that you can raise/lower the volume?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well threshold volume is good at default make sure machine is ground balanced well- sensitivty as high as possible without machine acting squirley and tones on the 305 seems like quarters and dimes seem very high tone very quiet and nickels a little deeper and pennys deeper too. So far only hunted in mode 1 but dont think its a good mode for jewlry only coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread