MY YARD SPITS UP WHAT I KNEW IT WAS HIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
The living room, office, bathroom, and bedroom of my home was built by a civil war veteran. The walls are still plank or lat and plaster. I knew my yard had to be hiding something great. Well here is the first something great! 1880 and 1872 Indian head pennies and a 1887 Nickle! They where sandwiched between the leather pieces right at the side of the cellar entrance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, as a newer member, you are doing quite well! Right in your own yard!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Did you find them with a metal detector?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bet it was a Ace 250 :laughing7:

OP
OP
mustangpalmer1911

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
I bet it was a Ace 250 :laughing7:

Yepper. I like it alot takes some getting used to and learning but it works very well. Plan on saving up and getting a AT PRO. Hopefully before Oct I am heading to Key West for a week and would love to hit the beaches and shallows with it.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins are in pretty darn good shape musta been the leather. Congrats:icon_thumright: Hunter

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yepper. I like it alot takes some getting used to and learning but it works very well. Plan on saving up and getting a AT PRO. Hopefully before Oct I am heading to Key West for a week and would love to hit the beaches and shallows with it.
Key west in October? Sweet! We are heading down to Florida in October as well and we might just get over to Key West as well, but thats a big if. For sure get the At-Pro! I was going to get one until I came across my xterra 705.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That 1872 indian is a fairly rare date. In the condition it looks to be (around VF....from the photo anyway) it's worth at least $250.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, dude, totally awesome!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do I go about getting coins graded?
You could get the ANA Grading Standards book and figure it out for yourself or take it to a coin store and have them grade it for you. These are all subjective and you'll get a variety of opinions as to the actual grade but they should be close. The only "official" way to do it is to send the coin into a grading service where they slab the coin (encase it in a tamperproof plastic container) with the grade right on it. Keep in mind that any damage such as corrosion, scratches, cleaning, spots, etc., will effect the grade and/or value. For lesser value coins, it doesn't pay to do it as the grading service charges for what they do. If you are going to keep the coin, don't bother getting it slabbed. If you plan on selling it, I'd go to several coin stores and have them make an offer. They'll do that for free. You can also try selling it on E-bay but make sure you have a good camera that will take a detailed close-up photo.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Too bad there weren't some dollars in that little coin purse. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread