My yard

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
20161025_072741.jpg 20161025_072808.jpg 20161025_072752.jpg 20161025_072728.jpg 20161025_072633.jpg
I hauled every last one of these rocks home by myself in the back of my half ton truck.

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have that same form of insanity. I once brought home a 1360 pound rock because it had a couple of garnets in it. I weighed it on scales at the landfill where I worked and loaded it in my pickup with a Cat 963 loader. I put three pieces of pipe crossway in the bed, laid a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood on top of them and loaded the rock on the plywood. When I got home, I removed the tailgate, picked the spot that I wanted it at. backed up quick, hit the brakes and it slid right out, unfortunately with the plywood still underneath it. It sat there for a couple of years until I got a tractor that would move it. The next day I loaded 3 rocks that, again weighed exactly 1360 pounds.

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
I have that same form of insanity. I once brought home a 1360 pound rock because it had a couple of garnets in it. I weighed it on scales at the landfill where I worked and loaded it in my pickup with a Cat 963 loader. I put three pieces of pipe crossway in the bed, laid a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood on top of them and loaded the rock on the plywood. When I got home, I removed the tailgate, picked the spot that I wanted it at. backed up quick, hit the brakes and it slid right out, unfortunately with the plywood still underneath it. It sat there for a couple of years until I got a tractor that would move it. The next day I loaded 3 rocks that, again weighed exactly 1360 pounds.

The big rock on the corner weighed over a ton. Loaded it with a off road forklift. I have a 3 piece gantry I built that I can set up over top a big rock hoist it up then back right underneath it.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you dont have any problems with your neighbors trying to do turn arounds in your yard. Thats a lot of rocks

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up in Maine, I live in Maryland. Was at Mt. Mica, the place famous for tourmaline, quartz crystals. I prop my foot up on this one rock and it slips off. Had my foot on a foot long quartz crystal face. I had it shipped to me! You're not the only one!

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
I was up in Maine, I live in Maryland. Was at Mt. Mica, the place famous for tourmaline, quartz crystals. I prop my foot up on this one rock and it slips off. Had my foot on a foot long quartz crystal face. I had it shipped to me! You're not the only one!

Most of these rocks I carried up out of ravines and creeks in a army backpack. We're talking pry around 20 tons!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Do the same thing here. No real big ones yet, but we've picked a few out that we want to relocate.
Looks good! Thanks for sharing!

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire all the hard work, i am tempted to post a picture of my yard and the woods around me, i could build a wall like that but I wouldn't have to move any rock more than 3 feet :-)
Even with all the rock we got on our place, if were out exploring and find a cool rock, we drag it home

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
As of now I am building an archway over the sidewalk that goes to my front porch. I am building it out of petrified wood.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a bit of Arizona back east. Lots of people build walls like ths out here, with so much rock around. I like the way you did the "center piece" area, with the wagon wheel thing on top.

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a bit of Arizona back east. Lots of people build walls like ths out here, with so much rock around. I like the way you did the "center piece" area, with the wagon wheel thing on top.

Its an old 1 row John Deere planter. And actually these pictures are not recent. It has grown.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kept a rock that was called a Mud Stone and its by itself in the flowerbed. The reason I kept it was cause its the oldest stone matrix in my are millions of years old. Makes for a interesting conversation when I have company over cause they always ask why I have only 1 rock in my flowerbed :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions