OP
F

Forward-Vision

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously it would help if I had cleaned this rock before the photo. Time did not allow for such cleaning. I will included this rock was found near the head of a spring. Also the marking are facing the sky so it has been exposed to water and freezing weather. Some of the horizontal marks are 1.5 deep as is the H in the lower corner. If there is a better place on this forum for this post please let me know.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The possibilities are endless with just these photos. What is the history of this area? What other things, if any, are found in the general area? Do they appear similar in nature?
There's too many questions needing answers for anyone to offer any firm evaluations at this point.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
One of the things that I have found is the HEIGTH ( He has said 189 times and no one ever replies ) of the rock and the entire rock.

OP
OP
F

Forward-Vision

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I please excuse my delay things have been hectic and I have not had the time to put the necessary attention to this forma, I do appreciate your reply.the rock is located inside the Ozark National Forrest and the history of the area is open to interpretation.there are some possibilities Jesse James traveled through this area on his conquest. this rock is located in a county that is halfway between two known events of the Jesse James Gang. This rock is also located not far from the Missouri state line. I have not established a relationship with the Spanish traveling through this particular area.there is the possibility of of several small Indian Nations who lived in this area at one time or another. it could be possible for the Incan and Maya to have both travel to this area. the rock itself is located near the head of a sping. As to the dimensions of the rock I did not take any measurements this was my second journey i photographed and video the rock and marked the location. As for the general area I have not found any other marking in this area. this one stands out as the only one. I have done a general search of the hill side as I was trying a to relocate the rock which was quite difficult to do.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be some manmade marks on the rock, but they aren't very clear. You say it's nearby the head of a spring. A possibility exists that it's a boundary marker of sorts. Perhaps a corner stone.

You mention that this place is close to the Missouri state line. Have you ever heard of a group called the Bald Knobbers who operated in the southwest section of Missouri back around the days of the War of Northern Aggression. They were "night riders" who were known to bully certain "undesirable" folks to leave the area on, literally, a moment's notice. There could well be some unrecovered caches of valuables associated with their activities. I believe the center of their operations was in the Rolla area. There was at least one book published about that group and I bought a copy about 15 years ago. Interesting reading. NO outright mentions of any treasures, but THAT is the kind of book a real treasure hunter uses to investigate "possibilities" because of the situations reported on in the book.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Jesse James was a free mason he joined In Nashville, and ran with the KGC which was a renegade leg of Free Masons where he was a Lt, Or that's what I have learned Jesse was fearless and would bust a cap on just about anyone.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The historial brothers, Jesse Woodson James and Frank had at least 2 cousins with the same names, supposedly living in Indiana or Kentucky. I had a complete geneology book of the James family that a family member published a couple of decades ago. I gave it to my nephew and his wife, when they were tracking a branch of OUR family. but, I need to get it back at least for a while to do some research on my own.

OP
OP
F

Forward-Vision

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I have not heard of the Bald Knobbers before. I look forward to exploring this as an idea. As far as boundary I would discount the theory due to the location of the rock in relationship to the spring. The spring is at the foot of another hill/mountain(its a mountain, i climbed it and it is a very dangerous one) opposite of where I found this rock. It is also located over halfway up this dangerous mountain. The rock is not in view of the spring. The funny things is last winter I read six or seven books on Jessie James and the KGC. I'm no expert on either of the subjects. I'm just somewhat informed about this person/group. I surely did not have any idea I would stumble across something so interesting.

sandstonecrazy

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
okfuskee county, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ancient fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an expert but I do have a rock or two with JJ's mark and I can see in picture 2 it has jesse carved in the section just under the horizontal line.

OP
OP
F

Forward-Vision

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAPREDDOT.jpg

This will give you and idea of the location of the rock in relations with the spring, The Red Dot is the rock.
Thanks for the input SandStoneCrazy. I don't think I am seeing the same makings. If you have time draw it on the image and re-post.

OP
OP
F

Forward-Vision

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do wish I would have broke the metal detector out. I should kick myself in the butt for not getting it out of the truck. I will not be able to get back to this stone until spring. After thinking this over for a while I have made up my mind to return for further exploration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions