Mysterious under-ground water system used by Apaches warriors in AZ desert?

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
I once read not too long ago of a story where a party of Apache warriors used an under ground water system in the heart of the Arizona desert to evade and surprise their enemies. Reportedly the water system at one point opened up into a small body of water around 20 ft deep. Now I forget exactly how long the water system ran, dont think it was too long but I remeber that the Apaches ponies could enter. I will try and find the reference from which I hear this from and post all of it very soon, by the way it wasnt off the internet it was from a local library in the AZ historical archives section. No gold or anything involved but just interesting.

Also another story of Apaches in the AZ desert that hide in a cavern where a posses lit the front enterence ablaze and at dawn the Apaches had ended up slitting the ponies throat to cool off the hot rock that they were on, all bodies were found in positions of extrem pain, according to the accounts of the posse. More on this later.

Just interested me so I wanted to share.

OP
OP
GoldBack

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
Skywola said:
Interesting . . . both of those storys sound similar to the indian death cave story, regarding the death of a group of Apaches at Two Guns . . . . The story makes it sound like the cave is large, but it is relatively small, I have been in it. It is directly below Two Guns.

http://www.hkhinc.com/arizona/twoguns/deathcave.htm

The last story is the Death Cave and I have all the information on that aswell, but the first story (the reason for this post) isnt the same cave, this one has an actual body of water in it and I believe it was further south. Still working on finding the right archive, wish I had saved the information but I'll find it sure enough, and post all the info for you guys to look at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread