OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Today,an official at McDILL confirmed that the military are conducting Special Ops live fire drills with Chinooks and Blackhawks,and will continue until this Friday.Where the live fire drills are conducted was not revealed.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It'll be where all the bangs are!

ocalalocal

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody else find it odd that somebody makes a post here about something in Ocala, and then someone (who chooses the screenname "ocalalocal") suddenly pops up, and for their first and only post goes on a multi paragraph attempted derailment of the OPs post?

How is that odd?

I found this place on google. I only registered an account to respond to the guy up there posting nonsense. It's not that mysterious.

ocalalocal

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS, ECS, that was confirmed about a week ago. Not Yesterday. Which is why i responded to your original post in the first place, days ago..... lmao

ocalalocal

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Thank you. Very on point. I wasn't really lurking, but google got me here and when I read the OP it sort of rubbed me the wrong way...and you are spot on.

I'm not sure even what treasurenet is for or about......i am getting the impression people are slightly paranoid around these parts. lol

ocalalocal

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on that note, why would someone register two accounts to disagree with themselves?

ocalalocal

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want to read about more live fire drills like that, you can see it happens often.
google the one in miami not very long ago, i think jan possibily? dont quote me on that

they had helicoptors in the hair over the city shooting machine gun blanks. everyone geeked.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How is that odd?

I found this place on google. I only registered an account to respond to the guy up there posting nonsense. It's not that mysterious.
I posted the OCALA STAR BANNER report.If it was nonsense take it up with their editor.Our local law enforcement,at that time,did CLAIM to have NO KNOWLEGDE.Are you denying that?
We all know now all is right in the wonderfull USA.So-Chill out.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not BLACK.

They are DARK GREEN.

And they are Not "unmarked" The markings are in black.

(I'm not trying to make fun of you, but the "black helicopter" thing comes up whenever anybody sees special ops aircraft anywhere in the US.)

You probably saw Blackhawks, Chinooks or Little Birds.

They were most likely attached to SOCOM (In Florida) or the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regt. (160th SOAR) out of Ft. Campbell Kentucky.
They transport Rangers, SeALs and other special ops soldiers places. They are called "Nightstalkers"

160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flash: We have a government. It has a military. They conduct training exercises, like they've done since 1776.

We have an Air National Guard base near here. They have these helicopters too. They do the same thing. Must mean they're training too.

I know the Commander. He's a fine man, and a dedicated public servant who would, like the men in his command, die for you.

We also have law enforcement - local police, Sheriff's Deputies, game wardens too. They are also sworn to protect you.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, BOTH TH & Crispin live in Florida; the STAND YOUR GROUND state...

Last edited:

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got no dog in this hunt but my bro-in-law flys for the navy and when he comes through town and says to meet him at such and such private hanger, when we go to check in they always make a point to explain that they can neither confirm nor deny any military flight plans. We sometimes sit for hours before getting a text from him saying exactly when or where he will show up, as they have to keep that all hush hush due to the nature of the business.

You kinda figure it out with a military jet taxies in to a private jet operation though, and all the suits waiting on their gulfstreams to show up take notice too.

Kinda fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions