beamrider

Greenie
Feb 19, 2018
haida gwaii
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a decent day out so i headed out with my detector. I cut across the school field and down to the slough to get to the old road. When i was half way down the old road i started seeing dig holes. At first i was not sure what they were. I kept seeing more and more and realized it was another detectorist. They were everywhere i went along the old road. I hit the beach and headed back towards my place. I went for another pass at the school field. On the far side of the field i found a deep deep hole. I swung over it and got hits. I found a quarter 30pm dimes a penny or two and a earing. I was not aware that what i found was a earing. Back at home i founda patent number 3176476 on it. I goggled it and found out it was a earing. I was wondering were all the dirt was for the big hole. After looking at the earing i think the person might have to the dirt to see if any stones fell out of it. I live in a small town and i was just hoping that this person didn't give people the impression that im leaving holes everywhere.

Upvote 0

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been to spots like that, only to realize later than it was armadillos making the holes, looking for grubs.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here Florida I have been blamed for not filling holes in a sports complex. I kindly informed them that they have an armadillo problem not a metal detector problem.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t think armadillos are an issue in Canada?? Welcome to T-net from Northern Virginia

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, and there are no armadillos in Canada. There are badgers however, but I'd guess you have someone with a detector with no sense of decorum.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Weird that you would find stuff in the holes if they took the dirt to find the stones though. Maybe someone digging out some kind of plant to take to their garden or something. Were all of the holes missing the dirt?

Disappointing if it's an MDer.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Smokey. That's how parks get closed to detecting. Try to fill those holes in. Here in Michigan, we have raccoons remove the small round plugs that some people dig to recover a target. Always dig a u shaped plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread