Mytimetoshine

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sunday was a great day. I met up with Goldenmojo and Samplepandan at about 7am. Let me tell you, 2 really nice guys. So far everyone ive met from this site has been awesome! That says a lot about this forum and gold miners in general. Not only nice people but being miners we tend to think alike, have a lot in common and similar personalties.

We went to a fairly easy spot on the river. Chatted it up for a few minutes and then started digging. Gdm and Spd got into the water to work around a huge boulder and some bedrock. I sampled some random dirt higher up the bank surrounded by some smaller boulders. Got a little color so I decided to set up. We were all within eyesite and earshot but just doing our own things. The material had some gravel mixed with sand on top about 2-3 inches then sand underneath. The top gravel material is better than the sandy stuff but the sandy stuff still has gold and it's just so darn easier to dig and pan I just kept going. About a foot down I started running into the steeply angled bedrock that's in this area. Looks fantastic but this is all flood material not virgin so it's not a bonanza. Top 2 inches and bottom 2 inches are best though.

I used my hand pick,(samplepandan has the exact same tool!) 2 stage classifier and pan. I use a 1/4 inch and a #20 because it allows me to search through the classifier for pickers more easily. Its much easier to search when everything is the same size. It does take a little more work and time though thats the down side. I've been collecting the most "interesting" rocks for fun. :D;)

So we were probably on the dig from about 745-1245. I don't remeber how many pans I ran but it was a lot! Another miner that Spd knew came hiking through. Seemed like a nice enough guy. We talked for a while but we were getting ready to call it a day already. Made it back to the trucks and Samplepandan treated us to cold Coronas!

Great day.

What a great day we had together. Like you say miners seem to think alike and it was like I had known you for a hundred years. Next time we will go to the other spot and it will be 1.0 instead of .10. I will contact you when I get back from camping.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever venture father north (and a little east) I might let you come up and dig a Feather river yella with me sometime.

That would be awesome Mike! I can venture sometime for sure!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day we had together. Like you say miners seem to think alike and it was like I had known you for a hundred years. Next time we will go to the other spot and it will be 1.0 instead of .10. I will contact you when I get back from camping.

Great! Enjoy that camping trip, gonna be a beautiful weekend. I'll be hitting the river next weekend for sure!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a busy week. Only got out once for "after work shine". Went back to the same spot I was digging last weekend with Goldenmojo and Samplepandan. Got about 1-2 hrs in.

Attachments

• 1441512675168.jpg
    1441512675168.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 1441512684246.jpg
    1441512684246.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 106

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any day out with Mojo and Dan is bound to be a good day! Nice color guys!

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna play poker in Reno this weekend, but spent my buyin on bills, so I'm heading to my claim instead. Here's a chance to venture northeast if you want. I'm in Sac tonight and leaving early Saturday morning. PM me if you're game. All good if your other plans are easier.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna play poker in Reno this weekend, but spent my buyin on bills, so I'm heading to my claim instead. Here's a chance to venture northeast if you want. I'm in Sac tonight and leaving early Saturday morning. PM me if you're game. All good if your other plans are easier.

Pm sent

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week's after work shine. Tuesday and Wednesday about 3 hiurs total with the pan and classifier. Cleaned out the rest of the pocket I've been working. A family of river otters swam up on me. Second time I've seen them. They are my mining buddys!

Attachments

• 1442026726874.jpg
    1442026726874.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 1442026739764.jpg
    1442026739764.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 102

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets definitely shoot for a couple weekends from now, and I'll see if my partner can make it too. Love to get you some real gold instead of that "all flat, rolled over stuff from the AR.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets definitely shoot for a couple weekends from now, and I'll see if my partner can make it too. Love to get you some real gold instead of that "all flat, rolled over stuff from the AR.

Ha! Flat and rolled over is right. It's safe to say this gold is "well traveled".

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Goldenmojo at about 645 and hit the trail. Hiked in for about an hour on tuff terrain. We lucked out since it was only about 85 degrees compared to the 105 it's been all week. Water felt pretty warm too which was a plus.

I was using the pan and classifier and Gmj had the sniper going for most of the day. I regretted not bringing my prospector a little and had to call it quits a bit before Gmj because I strained my wrist tossing boulders.

Great weather, great company and great gold!

Attachments

• 1442116591928.jpg
    1442116591928.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 1442116604761.jpg
    1442116604761.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MTTS Another great day of digging with you in overcast weather and a reprieve of the heat earlier in the week. We didn't get a large amount but I had a great time. SamplePanDan is ready to get out with us next week. Here is the take. No idea of weight.

photo (20).JPG

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MTTS Another great day of digging with you in overcast weather and a reprieve of the heat earlier in the week. We didn't get a large amount but I had a great time. SamplePanDan is ready to get out with us next week. Here is the take. No idea of weight.

View attachment 1211266
Yea we sure lucked out with the weather I thought. It had been 105 all week and Saturday was forecasted for 95. Turned out it only got up to 85 and it was overcast so we weren't in direct sun like we usually are.the water felt warm As well so it was like ideal conditions especially with the summer it's been. Can't wait to do it again.

Now go clean up that gold! Lol. I'm getting better at Eye balling the weight so I don't really need to weigh mine anymore but I just can't stand not knowing. :laughing7:

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya I definitely need to cleanup the catch all pan that's holding a couple of months worth of trips including the last one

SF Gold.JPG

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:eek: :sly: :thumbup: Dang Goldenmojo! I would say so. That sure is some Purdy stuff you got there.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice load of gold Mojo!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out as usual tue and wed. Ran out of after work paydirt so I needed to do a little prospecting. Tues I went to a spot I've been eyeballing and got color on my first pan. The material was much tougher to get at then usual so I wasn't able to process much. Dug for about an 1-11/2hrs but only managed to process maybe 5 or 6 classified pans worth. The gold for amount of material dug is very promising.

I noticed that directly across the river I could set up a sluice pretty easily so I came back wed with my Bazooka prospector. I was a little frustrated because where I wanted to set up was on a natural bedrock trough. If it had been one inch deeper it would have been perfect but I ended up just barely getting enough flow. The trap was fluidized but there wasn't enough going over the top. I had to work the gravels to the trap by hand. It was on the verge of not working at all. I Ended up running 10 half full 5g buckets (very easy digging). I bet I could have run 30 if I had the flow.... if I ever try this spot again I'm gonna try the tarp method. I took a few pans before I set up and got virtually nothing but I was determined to run my Zook and see what happened anyway. I need to find a quick easily accessible spot for after work shine now that the days are gonna be so short. The take was very small but it has my wheels turning and I have more area to prospect. I might be able to make it work with some ingenuity. Anyways it was overcast windy and drizzling and I was the ONLY person out there. It was awesome, beautiful and I just had a blast. I love the rain and I love rivers so it made my crap paydirt seem like a bonanza!

First pics are from tues.. remeber this is 5 pans of material.. just need to figure out how to process the area efficiently and I might have found something. Last pick is we'd with the zooka.

Funny thing.. I was runny nearly level with minimal flow but I saw several specks on the plate and I figured well... it's not great but maybe there is 10 small pieces I don't see for everyone I did see....Nope.. I literally saw everyone of these specs on the slick plate and helped them down to the trap. Nothing extra.. well at least I know the equipment works. And hey!.. I did find a nut too! That's gotta be worth something?! Right?....

Attachments

• 1442546741237.jpg
    1442546741237.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1442546752457.jpg
    1442546752457.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1442546762034.jpg
    1442546762034.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ran into many of the same problems last time out but still got a little bit. Low flow is a double edged sword it seems. You can get to more but you can't work it properly. Always challenges, always learning. It was a beautiful spot and all mine too. While I was digging, a duck flushed out right in front of me (nice adrenaline rush) and later I found half of a 22 shell casing in the sluice. Weather and levels all subject to change quickly now...just taking it day by day till mother nature does her big "correction" thing and then it'll be planning 2016.

GL/HH

Jeff

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a holler on like Wednesday next week and we'll discuss next weekend. I'm off to the claim until Sunday late afternoon, then the work thing Mon-Tue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread