Mytimetoshine

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess my after work season is just about done. I was only able to get in about 45 minutes on Wednesday before it was dark. I could change my schedule at work but decided against it.

The water was up 1-2" and was stirred up. Must have been some higher elevation rain or something.

I didn't have time to prospect and open another hole so I just tried to skim up the top 6 inches of the gravels near where I was digging. Since the digging was easy and I had good flow I was able to run 14 2g buckets through the Prospector. Well the material definitely is not as rich, but it did have gold.

Attachments

• 1446255740525.jpg
    1446255740525.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 90

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we both used up all our gold luck the last trip out together. I didnt do horrible but not nearly what we did before.. I guess you just never know!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I met up with GoldonMojo and Samplepandan dan to prospect a new area up river from last week. We hiked about a mile in and decided to set up shop. I went light as I usually do when going to a new area.

At the trail head it was apparent that some freaky stuff goes on there. When we were Leaving that garment was removed and replaced with a "pack it in pack it out" sign.

Right as we hit the river bank Samplepandan dan goes down pretty hard. Hat, sunglasses, coffee cup all go airborne. Banged his knee and scraped up his leg pretty good but he tuffed it out. I also caught a squirrel going through his pack. Apparently the got his sandwich and chips lol, oh poor Dan.

I found a decent hole to dig under some large Boulders that had a very fine dirt held together with 1/8-1/4 roots. There was also washed gravel mixed in. The digging was a bit tuff amd I only had a pan. Dan saved the day by having an extra snuffer bottle. Nothing worse then only having a pan but no snuffer. Amazingly enough Joe forgot his too but got by some medication bottle he had with him. Way to improvise Mojo!

I dug from probably 9 to 230 and thought the take would be more then what I ended up with but I'm still happy with it. Again NO lead NO merc. Rosey and clean.

Funny story on the way out we cross a bridge and we noticed a dozen trout circling about underneath. As we were leaving the plan to get out and toss Sammons eggs over for fun feeding the fish. I just happened to peak over while still in the truck and saw a buck naked girl in her 30,s and a 70 year old dude also in his birthday suit. I say something like " whoa.. bush" lol. Neither Joe or Dan notice. Joe gets out with his salmon eggs all excited to feed the fish and doesn't see them till he is on the rail. Right away his smile turns into a frown and he instantly walked back to the truck. I was in the truck dying! LMAO! It was pretty funny. We should have just rained salmon eggs on them.....

Now if you wanna get naked in public that's fine with me although I wish men didn't enjoy the hobby! The thing that kind of bothered me is the couple had a young girl with them probably 12-14. Wearing a bathing suite thank god but in full view just several feet away from this old man's package. I feel bad for her.

Attachments

• 1446432750776.jpg
    1446432750776.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 73
  • 1446432762063.jpg
    1446432762063.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 1446432770217.jpg
    1446432770217.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 1446432778734.jpg
    1446432778734.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 1446432792794.jpg
    1446432792794.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 1446432801094.jpg
    1446432801094.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 76

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I both enjoyed this story! Nice gold and squirrel shot too!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just another day in CA and rarely dull. Enjoyed the story and wished I was there...and a nice pile o gold to show for it! I'm still nursing some previous injuries so ma nature stepped in just in time to keep me from finishing the job.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Despite the bruised knee, and now sore wrist, it was a great day. Got a chance to hang out with some great guys, got some gold, and enjoyed half a ham sandwich.

Attachments

• 1446435311091.jpg
    1446435311091.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1446435326598.jpg
    1446435326598.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 1446435343497.jpg
    1446435343497.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Dan! That knee is pretty swollen. Better rest that sucker.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I give you a 9.5 for that straddle job over the jagged rock that ended your fall. Way to save the juevos..... Great day all around expect for the pair that spooked the pool...

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Land of giant boulders!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my first week in a long time where I wasn't able to get out at all. I'm hoping to get out next weekend but at least I have time to work on my rod mill. Just picked up some steel rod from HD but still need to get a few classifier's before I run much sand. I have about 1/3 of a 5g bucket plus I'm gonna cleanout the 10g tote I've been panning my cons in all season to get a little more. I'm not expecting much because I'm pretty confident in my panning skills but we will see.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got about the same amount left to final process and expect about the same as the last few trips have been slim. My goal (with many outside assists) is 5 grams all total by Dec 31. Thanks for the update:thumbsup:

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had plans to go with Asmbandits and some others on an overnighter Saturday but I chickened out because winter has arrived. Dropping into the 30's at night let alone in the canyon. And a storm expected early Sunday. Combine that with not having the right pack set up to get the gear in and I backed out. Looks the guys made it safely though.

So my backup plan was to hit my home river and drag my 30 Prospector and necceary gear 5gal cleanout bucket up the river over very very difficult terrain. I got a late offer to hit up an easier section with Samplepandan and his coworker but I passed as I had my mind made up I was doing this as I have wondered all year what I could get up there.

I park the truck at 730 and it's COLD. I've got my Prospector and pan bungied to a plastic frame pack. 5g/2g bucket with water, food, pick, creek sneaks and knee pads in it and a full size shovel in the other hand.This terrain is hard enough with a pack but having both arms full, ups the difficulty by 5x. Took about 1 hr 45 min to get there. My face is frozen and I'm blowing snot rockets everywhere. Put on my creek sneaks to set up my Zook in 35 -40 water..... feet were basically numb the whole time. As the sun started to cut into the canyon and light up the other side of the river I had hope as it was clear sky's but as the sun crept across the river it stopped halfway because of the tree line....

I got in about 3 hrs of digging but material was hard to get at (spot has been hit hard) and I was freezing so I called it early.

The plan was to pan off the larger rocks from my cons but I had almost all black sand so I said Eff it and packed them up. The prospector leaves you with about 10-12 pounds of cons. Add the other gear in the bucket and it was over 20.. I was dying on the way back. I made several prayers and promises to never do this again...lol must have took me at least 2 hrs to get back if not more.

Halfway back on the easier side of the river I run into Samplepandan and his buddy. And we chat for a bit while I rested. Then I made the final push for the bridge which pleasantly leaves you a near vertical accent to finish you off..

When I pop up from the bridge the boys had a cold beer for me which was freaking awesome! That was the best beer I've ever had! Lmao. So we bs for 20 min and then parted ways.

All in all it was a good day. The gold was a dissapointment but it's always good to find out what an area holds rather then wondering. I was flat out exhausted but it's that good pain. Picked up a pizza and a 12 pack on the way home and called it a day!

Attachments

• 1447642264973.jpg
    1447642264973.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 1447642273635.jpg
    1447642273635.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 65
  • 1447642282925.jpg
    1447642282925.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Creek sneeks in that cold of water! Dang I bet no one ever tells you to man up : )

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creek sneeks in that cold of water! Dang I bet no one ever tells you to man up : )

It could be a little warmer. I wish I had a thermometer with me I'm gonna start packing one just to see. But it was cold enough to numb the feet just about instantly. After 3 hours I was numb up to my lower shins. Had to call it then... But it beats wearing cold wet socks and shoes on the way home by a lot! Lol.

Unfortunately I didn't have room to pack my waders. But yeah... It's that time of year haha. I guess I could have strapped them the the pack... :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Overnight this time of year? Gadzooks! Your story makes me think about ice fishing. Tried it lots in NV and AK. Not a fan. Last time I almost lost my 78 Bronco cuz there were springs under the ice that we didn't know chit about. Then you get to watch them 2-3 pounders knock the hook out right at the hole.:BangHead:

Great story and total...you certainly earned it. And is that ANOTHER picker I spy?

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overnight this time of year? Gadzooks! Your story makes me think about ice fishing. Tried it lots in NV and AK. Not a fan. Last time I almost lost my 78 Bronco cuz there were springs under the ice that we didn't know chit about. Then you get to watch them 2-3 pounders knock the hook out right at the hole.:BangHead:

Great story and total...you certainly earned it. And is that ANOTHER picker I spy?

Yes sir. All be it flat a a pancake.
Yea i wouldn't mind doing overnight as long as I can bring a truck bed full of gear. Anything is possible if your prepared. But carrying everything i need to keep warm and dry as well as my gold gear is not an easy task.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great time, we planned and acted more around the cold weather camping aspect of it so we didn't get as much mining in as normal. It wasn't bad at all, it turns out we had planned well enough and light enough we had everything we needed and then some. We made it a priority to collect wood when we first arrived and we had quite a stash, kept the fire going all night and were almost too warm at times.. Anyways everyone was lovin it even when it rained with waders and rain gear and shelter wasn't bad at all. This was like my last good trip for the winter from here out until next year will be day trips and fighting the weather so I wanted to go out with a bang lol. Looks like your trip out produced some decent gold, more than the three of us got!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions