NC birdie 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 243
  • NC birdie 3.jpg
    NC birdie 3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Clint, That's a sweet little point. Whats the break look like? do you see any Patina, or soil deposits on the break. That always helps me narrow it down to Old break, or made that way. You've been putting on some neat points lately. We don't find much quarts, and I also when looking at some of you're quarts points, (ask myself... How did they work with that stuff) I wish I knew more about your area, I would love to be able to help you out on some of your questions. Thanks for your post, I enjoy looking at your collection. John P.s I am learning your point types right along with you.

OP
OP
Carolina Points

Carolina Points

Feb 27, 2008
State Line S.C/N.C
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 2
John It does have some mineral deposits on it not alot an some old dirt, the base has to me some flaking in away. Some of the points I find has a good clean an smooth break to them. This one is not rough but seems like I say a little worked. These pics might help, one of them makes the base look like its real jagged but its really more flat that anything. Hope im making since.Im not sure if this helps if not I'll try to describe it a little better

Attachments

• base.jpg
    base.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 221
  • base2.jpg
    base2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 219
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Looks made that way to me, I guess it could be an old impact fracture, but I don't think so. I think sometimes they just said,( Good Nuff and if I keep it up I may break the piece). Here is an example of that, The one side perfect, the other side he had trouble with. Can you see the booger sticking up? The maker of this point worked hard to get that off, If they would have kept on, they would have probably broke the point. Thus saying Good Nuff.... John

Attachments

• 100_2473.jpg
    100_2473.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_2474.jpg
    100_2474.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_2475.jpg
    100_2475.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 211
OP
OP
Carolina Points

Carolina Points

Feb 27, 2008
State Line S.C/N.C
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 2
yeah John I see, Thats pretty cool, very interesting also. I never thought about anything like that, but it makes a hole lot of since. Thanks for your help and thats a very nice point by the way.
HH Clint

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread