N.H. Hazelwood

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: What we ALSO know is that Hazlewood was REBEL (CSA) SGT. in the Confederate War... DOCUMENTED; MAY have been a REBEL SPY... dunno. AND! MAY have been where HE (Hazlewood) got the CIPHERS (FIGURES... HIS words) from; about a TREASURE buried near HIS house/home (near the Peaks of Otter)... HART PAPERS by George Hart, Sr. 8-)

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely, seeings how he was unable to offer up anything meaningful in regards to the story, I'd say he was totally in the dark just like everyone else. If he was hiding anything then why display copies of the ciphers thus drawing possible attention to yourself? That makes no sense. I doubt he knew anymore then anyone else.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Most likely, seeings how he was unable to offer up anything meaningful in regards to the story, I'd say he was totally in the dark just like everyone else. If he was hiding anything then why display copies of the ciphers thus drawing possible attention to yourself? That makes no sense. I doubt he knew anymore then anyone else.

Hazlewood asked Clayton Hart to make SEVERAL copies of FIGURES on SHEETS of paper; Hazlewood mentioned NOTHING about the Beale Expedition. The Hart Bros (George, Sr., and Clayton) were TREASURE HUNTERS. Clayton made the copies and told his brother George, Sr. and they BOTH visited JB Ward & his son... got a copy of the "JOB PRINT" (aka BEALE PAPERS); PROBABLY trying to make a "connection". It may well be two DIFFERENT treasures... dunno. The Hazlewood-Harts NUMBER ciphers (BC # 1 & b) MAY be DIFFERENT!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Has anyone ever did a cross check for the differences in the cipher codes of George Hart's papers and the cipher codes in the Job Print Pamphlet. I know they are similar but there are a lot of differences how many I do not know?

NEVER done it, myself...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I go with the Hazlewood/Hart Ciphers; Clayton Hart changed "the FIGURES" a bit... INTERESTING!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw JBW was a surveyor for Campbell County and Lynchburg City. Now the Hart Brothers and Hazelwood worked out of the same office in Roanoke, Va. Do not know who worked with Hazelwood in the Lynchburg Office? Good question.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hazelwood's involvement came after the publication, just another hopeful treasure hunter biting on the author's every word.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: What we ALSO know is that Hazlewood was REBEL (CSA) SGT. in the Confederate War... DOCUMENTED; MAY have been a REBEL SPY... dunno. AND! MAY have been where HE (Hazlewood) got the CIPHERS (FIGURES... HIS words) from; about a TREASURE buried near HIS house/home (near the Peaks of Otter)... HART PAPERS by George Hart, Sr. 8-)
NHH later became 1st Lt. CSA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread