N Myrtle Beach gives up 14k ring on first trip there.....

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
After reading Greenskulls post of having problems with the kids at Myrtle Beach I though why not go check it out. So yesterday I made the four hour trip each way. I had a great trip, met so really nice people, and found a nice 14k ring in the surf. I hunted the dry sand after dark with my new toy, the Teknetics G2. So light it feels like a toy, but it really locks on targets. I was impressed by this detector. I hunted until about one am. No problems at all with anyone, but then I did have my water scoop with me and that in itself would make someone think before approaching you. No one in the hotel balconies caused a problem at all. Really nice trip. I will have to go back again sometime, after I recover from that long drive home this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20110619_124952-1.jpg
    IMG_20110619_124952-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Glad to hear no problems with any one and nice ring :thumbsup:
drewan

treasured pasts

Greenie
Jun 19, 2011
Newport, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber and eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find. I had a good trip there a couple of years ago for a week except paying for meters. Found a little silver and such. Nect time keep an eye out for sharks teeth also. I got three nice small fossil teach off the beach.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go S&R! Eight-hours of driving must seem like only Five with gold in your pocket! :hello2:

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
The drive does seem shorter when the hunt is successful, but man am I wiped out today. I can hardly wait to go again. It is going to be a week before I get another day off. So some of you post some finds to keep me going until then and HH...thanks for all the nice comments

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S & R , that is a beautiful ring find! :headbang:

Congratulations to you on fine detecting! :hello2:

Keep 'em comin'! :hello:

L

Hounddog

Mar 23, 2005
Very nice ring.
I will be heading that way 1st week of july. I'll be in OI, NC and was thinking of taking a drive down to mb but was woundering if it would be worth it after reading that thread. I know it was from 09 that was the same year a girl went missing from my area down there. www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel
I would like to give it a try on the 5th. Any tips on parking and hot spots?

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You couldn't ask for a better trip S&R....
especially when you find gold. WTG!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Hounddog. On North Myrtle Beach the public parking is free until 12:00 midnight, closed to 5:00 am. The entire beach is hotels so there is no bad places to hunt. Maybe someone with more experience than me can tell you how to read the surf. This beach looks like one long flat island. I could not tell any spots that look better than others. Just pick a stretch an work it hard. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread