diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a small lot of carded Meyer insignia last weekend and this was included in the lot. I believe it's a DUI (distinctive unit insignia) however I cannot track it down. There is another pin that has the lettering "CDAI" on it also. I'm assuming it's a cavalry unit based on the crossed sabers. Also assuming it's mid 70's or later based on the back mark {Since mid 70’s : N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK MADE IN USA” + shield + 22M (raised)}.

Here is the DUI pin and the other insignia with the same lettering.

IMG_0385 (1156x1280).jpg IMG_0386 (1128x1280).jpg

The only "CDAI" I can find is the "Conference of Defence Associations Institute" in Canada and it does not have a crossed saber logo or anything else that relates to these 2 pieces.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I haven't found anything yet, but it's worth noting that that the swords aren't quite the cavalry variety, being straight bladed. The second lieutenant portion makes me wonder if they are from ROTC.

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a fan of helping ID DUI pins, in case you hadn't noticed :tongue3:
If I have a 'feel' for a Unit, I will scroll through, a lot.
This Shield Pin, because of the Maltese Cross, maybe less Military and more Masonry?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found anything yet, but it's worth noting that that the swords aren't quite the cavalry variety, being straight bladed. The second lieutenant portion makes me wonder if they are from ROTC.
I noticed the sabers weren't quite "correct" myself. In this same lot there is a pre war ROTC hat badge for the CBC School History ? Who We Are ? Christian Brothers College High School as well as a couple Virginia Tech buckles so you may be correct.

I am a fan of helping ID DUI pins, in case you hadn't noticed :tongue3:
If I have a 'feel' for a Unit, I will scroll through, a lot.
This Shield Pin, because of the Maltese Cross, maybe less Military and more Masonry?
I checked over 1000 of them on one site before I got tired of looking so you your idea is another avenue to go down. There are several of these in the lot, another reason I'm trying to narrow it down.

IMG_0383 (1280x1132).jpg

Upvote 0

JR Eagle

Apr 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi diggummup

They use to be from a Cadet Organization from Puerto Rico. The organization name was Cruzados de America, Inc. (CDAI).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread