n/t

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Re: whats the best all around bounty hunter?

That's an interesting question but I'm not sure if you will get much of an answer. Unlike most brands, BH isn't one that attracts a lot of loyalty in the form of owning multiple models. Don't get me wrong, people who buy Bounty Hunters are usually quite happy with their machines. But I don't know too many people that own a lot of different BH models for comparison. I have the Tracker IV and absolutely love it for the price. I would imagine that most BH owners are in the same boat that I'm in.

But hey, maybe someone else will chime in with some REAL advice! :wink:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: whats the best all around bounty hunter?

I had some great finds with my first detector, a Bounty Hunter. My best one I would have to say was a Land Ranger. I also had a Radio Shack 5500 made by BH. It was a nice machine and a little more modern looking. I was always teased about my muffler on a stick when I had my Land Ranger. The only drawback I saw with my BHs was that they weren't very deep. But they found the heck out of clad around schools and parks. Monty

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
Re: whats the best all around bounty hunter?come on folks help me out?

i have the bh landstar and very well pleased with it. with the 4 in. coil it will go 12 or so inches witch is usually deeper than i want to dig. whitt459

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

In my soil the Bounty Hunter Landstar gets about 6" with stock coil, wrong ID & beeps after the coil has gone about a foot past the coin. Good to hear that it works better for someone else.

My 1993 BH Big Bud XL IDed coins accurately to 4" but now the mode switch is loose.

The Sharpshooter II is their cheapest with non-motion pinpoint.

I've never had a Land Ranger.

The Time Ranger has been improved 3 times. The old ones took C batteries & were really straining to get 6" despite $500 price. HH, George (MN)

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

whitt459 said:
i have the bh landstar and very well pleased with it. with the 4 in. coil it will go 12 or so inches witch is usually deeper than i want to dig. whitt459

I have the Rat Shack Version of the Land Star, and it is a good detector, except for the way the coil plugs into the housing.....It does false a bit because of the connection...That said, I have found a ton of stuff with it...Got it new for about 69 dollars when they went on sale..Good Luck...Tom

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Lonestar is great too. My deepest find was a foot, but i was looking for something big with it anyway. I found the axle that was pounded into the grounds for our property marker. The garbage truck ran it over a few years back when it was real soft and pushed it about a 12" in the mud then the mud flowed over top of it LOL.

Erin:)
"VonDigger"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread