Na na Nineteen

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple years back, my wife was at work at the store when someone walked up to her register to pay for something in quarters. He paid with 20 quarters... 19 of them were the silver babies you see here! She called me and I bought every last one of them. It took me nearly five years to find a silver quarter in the ground. :hello2:
P1030152_zpsb83c79d5.jpg

Upvote 0

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty cool and a great buy for you! I had something similar happen about 15 years ago......I bought some fried chicken at a chain restaurant (to go), gave the lady a $20 bill and she asked if I minded some ones because she was out of tens. I said no problem and as she counted them out to me, I noticed they looked a little different. It was not until I got back to my car and looked at the bills that I realized they were all silver certificates! I rushed back and asked her for some ones for a ten, she agreed, but, everything she gave me were the modern bills. I must have got the last of them with my purchase. I figure someone got into someone else's collection and bought some chicken with the money. You just never know.........

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool! Once back when I was a teller about 14 years ago, I received a ATM deposit envelope with included a $20 Hawaii bill and a few $5 US notes and silver certificates and a handful of $1 silver certificates as well! all in one envelope! Thats the only time that ever happened in the atm for me in the 4 years of working there...

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple years back, my wife was at work at the store when someone walked up to her register to pay for something in quarters. He paid with 20 quarters... 19 of them were the silver babies you see here! She called me and I bought every last one of them. It took me nearly five years to find a silver quarter in the ground. :hello2:
View attachment 862208

nearly half a roll, very nice! It took me about 3 years of metal detecting to find one in the ground. I had hunted parks for years, first backyard I hunt (my girlfriends) and I found my first silver quarter (first silver as well). A few weeks ago just found another one in my grandpa's backyard. seems like backyards not parks are the way to go for silver! I'm 2/2 :headbang:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread