spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There once was a little girl who had a bad temper. Her mother gave her a bag of nails and told her that every time she lost her temper, she must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the girl had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as she learned to control her anger, the
number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. She discovered it was easier to hold her temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the girl didn't lose her temper at all. She told her mother about it and the mother suggested that
the girl now pull out one nail for each day that she was able to hold her temper. The day passed and the young girl was finally able to tell her mother that all the nails were gone.

The mother took her daughter by the hand and led her to the fence. She said, "You have done well, my daughter, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one." You can put a knife in a person and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little ditty has both bad and good in it.. What they forgot to mention is that 2 weeks in the girl was starting to get angry thinking about the remainder of nails left.. By the 3rd week, she was pounding them back in the fence again.

She did learn a valuable lesson.. It is easier to drive a nail through wood, than it is to remove it :laughing7:

Oh, this girl did OK in the long run..

She went to anger management classes and later became a carpenter :laughing9:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately, pain is the ony way some people can manage to change. Or, at least, it can point to the source of a problem :-\

It reminds me of the Jedi who have no attachments and, therefore, have no fear of losing something or someone. Or, as I sometimes see them, super-sociopaths. Negative emotions = fear in almost every case.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beep, there you go again, making something deep that was meant to be light..

Fear is the greatest emotion that one has to get grips on. Sad thing is that you still need some fear to keep from harm too. Finding a balance in fear is a difficult task. :tongue3:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
Beep, there you go again, making something deep that was meant to be light..

Fear is the greatest emotion that one has to get grips on. Sad thing is that you still need some fear to keep from harm too. Finding a balance in fear is a difficult task. :tongue3:

I hear you. I just say what I feel like sayin'. How someone wants to interpret it is up to them. Many times I have taken something that bothers me and blown it all out of proportion, on purpose, in my mind, to some extreme conclusion; and then laugh about how absurd it all is.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beep, I think you are the kinder, gentler me :laughing9:

I just say it, and let the chips fall where they may. :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would prefer a Nail gun..Make the job easier... :headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
: poorhunter78, indeed it would... But how would you like to pull those nails that get deeply embedded from a nail gun :tongue3: That would be an itch with a capitol B :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
: poorhunter78, indeed it would... But how would you like to pull those nails that get deeply embedded from a nail gun :tongue3: That would be an itch with a capitol B :laughing7:
My dear sir., That would be simple...Just Hire on Truckin butch's grandkids..Pay them 8 cents a nail....Wallllah :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread