Nailed a bucket lister?

cascadianshadow

Jun 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to sqeeze in an hour long hunt yesterday at the beach with Deershed (My Dad). Temps were around 100°f, so it made for a roast toasty session. As usual, I wasn't finding much from the start but I wasn't going to let that slow me down. A penny here, a nickle there and some foil and pull tabs. Nothing too exciting, so I kept on going. All the sudden my machine goes crazy on a shallow 60-63. Signals like this seem to be few and far between so I usually get a little excited when I do come across one. Instead of jumping to my scoop to locate this particular target, I swiped the sand with my foot since the target was shallow. One swipe, nothing. Second swipe, ahhh! I see what looks like a gold band. I then scooped it up, took a brief look at it and dropped it into my pouch. We were already headed back to our vehicle so I decided id just check it out then. Once we got back, It was a little easier to see what I had. Turns out, the band is 14k. But, theres a coin mounted in the face of it. One I've never seen before, I first thought it was a silver 1/10th oz Eagle. WRONGGG!!! Its better! Its a Platinum 1/10th oz coin!!! Im beyond flabbergasted. Never in a million years did I expect a find like this. Let alone finding two gold rings while on vacation.

Attachments

• 1467984065780.jpg
    1467984065780.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 1467984929812.jpg
    1467984929812.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 34

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is beyond awesome! Congratz!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You nailed the bucket!

Good job getting it all in your scoop.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beautiful save! Congrats

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the "Platigold" honker! Paid for vacation right there. Sub 8-)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is a monster!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between the ring and the platinum coin,
you probably have a melt value close to $500.
Congrats on a bucket lister and a sweet little payday.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to sqeeze in an hour long hunt yesterday at the beach with Deershed (My Dad). Temps were around 100°f, so it made for a roast toasty session. As usual, I wasn't finding much from the start but I wasn't going to let that slow me down. A penny here, a nickle there and some foil and pull tabs. Nothing too exciting, so I kept on going. All the sudden my machine goes crazy on a shallow 60-63. Signals like this seem to be few and far between so I usually get a little excited when I do come across one. Instead of jumping to my scoop to locate this particular target, I swiped the sand with my foot since the target was shallow. One swipe, nothing. Second swipe, ahhh! I see what looks like a gold band. I then scooped it up, took a brief look at it and dropped it into my pouch. We were already headed back to our vehicle so I decided id just check it out then. Once we got back, It was a little easier to see what I had. Turns out, the band is 14k. But, theres a coin mounted in the face of it. One I've never seen before, I first thought it was a silver 1/10th oz Eagle. WRONGGG!!! Its better! Its a Platinum 1/10th oz coin!!! Im beyond flabbergasted. Never in a million years did I expect a find like this. Let alone finding two gold rings while on vacation.

WOW!
What better way to make a Vacation Better. Banner IMO

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How sweet is that you filled your bucket My turn next Great job!!!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is different and cool! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions