Nailed it today. after the cops came that is..

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once again some jerk called the cops. was on a patch like a triangle surrounded by side streets. city easement sorta hunt.. but i saw some one watching.. only a few finds from that spot. watch, and a few new centers.. ( before i was ran out ) so off to the gold ring park. 1917d 1942 Wheat's. 1905 IH. 1918d, 1919, 1944d Rosie. and a 1906 Barber dime.. ( silver #148 ) and a bunch of nails but that comes with digging deep silver, and at this park most every thing i dig has been running 7 to 10+. see what turns up tomorrow. digger is holding up well with all the surgery. digging good now :icon_king: best to all MR TUFF

Attachments

• Photo001.jpg
    Photo001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Photo003.jpg
    Photo003.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Photo002.jpg
    Photo002.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Photo004.jpg
    Photo004.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Photo005.jpg
    Photo005.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Photo007.jpg
    Photo007.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Photo008.jpg
    Photo008.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Photo009.jpg
    Photo009.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Photo010.jpg
    Photo010.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • Photo011.jpg
    Photo011.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Photo012.jpg
    Photo012.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,096
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm soooooooo over nosy people who call the police. I've had that to happen several times, and it's like, okay officer here are all the pull tabs, pieces of sharp metal, rusty nails,etc. that could harm the kids who play in this park. I've learned now whenever I see someone staring and then using their cell phone, it's time for me to leave. BTW, nice finds, Breezie

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Geeze you should move here. If you call the cops for anything less than a murder they say "Theres nothing we can do about it" and hang up. No joke, its a stock gag in the media here in Melbourne, (the other one).

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Indian H ..... congrats! :thumbsup:

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate getting run out, but it looks like they did you a favor! :laughing7:
Thanks for sharing,
Bunker

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a town I hunt in sometimes I worry about someone calling the cops too. And the Chief of Police is my younger brother, the Mayor is my friend along with all the other city officials. If it were to come down to causing trouble for them and standing my ground with my detector, or quietly leaving to satisfy the caller, I would just leave.

Nice finds Mr. Tuff,

HH, Yard Digger

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly the reason I hunt old cellar holes in the woods. Out of site....out of mind.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
nice finds mr tuff sorry bout cop trouble only visted once by cops at an elementary school showed them what i was doing and filling holes and grounds keepers were ok with it they said ok just had a call needed to check it out i was good to go nice cops here in newport

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've had cops called on me and never had a problem with them, I had one pull up beside me, by the sidewalk, watched me for about 10 minutes, I dug 4 holes and filled them back in, he left shortly after that, never said a word to me. I guess he didn't see anything bad.
anyway congrats on the great finds

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
Exactly the reason I hunt old cellar holes in the woods. Out of site....out of mind.
Amen

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
we shouldn't have to hide because of our hobby. just use common sense and treat every yard like it was yours and respect it as such

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ALWAYS people with nothing better to do than to mess with you! Why don't people mind their own business because I've experienced this same thing on a couple of occasions and at spots that I HAD THE OWNERS PERMISSION no less?!?!? :icon_scratch: ::) Anyways, congrats on the nice pile of silvers, looks like a pretty good day to me :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Regardless of the hassell, one got some nice finds. Congrats :icon_thumright:

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hogge said:
Agreed.

Any land that my city owns is public land to whoever wants to go there. Two of my best sites are places where the town took the land because of backed taxes and now I can go dig it up. No cop has ever stopped to tell me I can't be there, but if that ever happened, I know for a fact that city owned land is public land according to my city hall. Again, that may only be my town.

I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but one site is actually in about 12 peoples back yards. The road now goes in a circle around an old homesite. Last time I was in there I was 20ft from the guys back door and he was sitting on his deck.

But, I've said enough. Great finds MR TUFF :icon_thumleft:. Good luck to you tomorrow. Hope no one calls the cops on you

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
First of all very nice finds Mr. Tuff. As usual you are finding some great stuff. Now with that said, I sure hope no one gets a bad rap from Police Officers. They are just doing their job by responding to a dispatch. Which they just can't ignore and not respond. Believe me when I say we are just responding to a call that some nosey person called in. Now I can see if you are actually trespassing on someones property that would be an entirely different story. I have been a Police Officer for nearly 20 years and have never responded to a call of a detectorist doing their hobby. I have seen a few of my fellow hunters out and about and never bothering anyone. You would think in this day and age with all the treasure related shows on TV we would never get a call from anyone. Its just interesting stuff and thats why we do what we do. But I have dealt with nosey people and believe me they are mostly people that are what we call 10-96.(crazy). They are over protective of their "line of sight" out their windows and just plain ole get a kick out of seeing the Police and watching what we do. In fact they get a kick out of "winning" after the detectorists get chased off by the police. They win, we lose of course. I would never kick anyone out of a public area....NEVER. I wish I could have been there for ya Mr. Tuff cause the person who called the Police would get a kick out of me donning my gear after work and joining you! Goodluck on your next hunt. :thumbsup: jgas

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:

Exactly! My best life time find was out in the woods, out of sight and out of mind.....city parks, school yards, and other public places are more trouble than they're worth imo. Nice silver btw - congrats!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer Stuff....Wow..I was shocked to hear that people actually call the Police on you Metal Detecting?..Wow...I know most the places I go..there is enough Garbage and Drug Parafanelia laying around I would probally lose my mind if a Cop told me to Leave..I could see if it if you were right in front of someones house or something..but Geezz...Well anyway...you got some sweet Coins out of it...I Would love to find a Barber Dime...HH

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Some people are just plain crazy.....Just imagine what they tell the cops...

"This man has this strange lookin machine that makes noises and he is digging in the ground, please come get him he is scaring me..."

Nice finds though - Too bad some people have no lives.

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Yeah, sucks that people are so nosey. You found some good stuff though! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions