kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The one pic almost looks like some sort of telegraph device. As for the nails, have you ever seen anything like that over there? Is interesting how they're all bent much the same.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what I'm seeing in the first photo, but I think the "nails" look alot like colonial era tacks on our side of the pond.

OP
OP
Mr.T

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There Folks,

The first photo is just of little models I like to make with scrap copper, brass , lead. etc Especially copper nails of all sizes. So I
am well versed in them.

But the nails in the second photo seem to be bronze. I shined one up with soapy water. They are handmade, and all of them are different. I knew they were odd
when I found the first one. Still very sharp. All these came from the one hole! Btw, these came from the Atlantic.

If it helps anyone out, I target places that have lighthouses! Search around any high points at lowest tide. Google earth is great to help with this.! Plenty
of interesting nautical items I can use as in the first pic.

Thanks and Good luck

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There Folks,

The first photo is just of little models I like to make with scrap copper, brass , lead. etc Especially copper nails of all sizes. So I
am well versed in them.

But the nails in the second photo seem to be bronze. I shined one up with soapy water. They are handmade, and all of them are different. I knew they were odd
when I found the first one. Still very sharp. All these came from the one hole! Btw, these came from the Atlantic.

If it helps anyone out, I target places that have lighthouses! Search around any high points at lowest tide. Google earth is great to help with this.! Plenty
of interesting nautical items I can use as in the first pic.

Thanks and Good luck

That definitely helps! I was wracking my brain trying to make sense of that photo!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what I'm seeing in the first photo, but I think the "nails" look alot like colonial era tacks on our side of the pond.

I have recovered a few of those from colonial sites on my side of the pond. Very nice pile of them! Congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on size they maybe old upholstery tacks, used in making upholstered furniture. Hard to tell from here. But that may explain why so many.

Nice finds!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread