Naked Art

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Artslinger, I get caught up buying art. Saw this piece last night at Goodwill while talking to a manager from another GW store. We both saw it at the same time, but I grabbed it up because of the colors and style. Then I noticed the "male parts" in the painting. The artist is "Chao", so I listed it today starting at $99.00. Nudity sells so hopefully their is a hot market for this. If the male parts were not there, I think it would be an even wider audience or customer pool. Moderators...delete if this pic is in violation. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487875923.171231.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The style sort of reminds me of the guy that did the Obama Hope poster

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
True! I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's what it looks like. Did 10 day auction with 7 watchers. Got first bid of $99.00...so I'm already in profit zone.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Art and costume jewelry are two areas I want to expand into...Haven't seen any good art yet and don't know what good costume jewelry is.

I have a suspicion (based on almost no research!) that photographs are a giant slumbering opportunity for us pickers out there. Photos as art I suspect are overlooked by many but a robust market with those that collect them. Hmmm, perhaps I should challenge myself to dig into this...

Good luck on the painting. It IS cool and odd and I think you'll get a couple of hundred.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Costume jewelry names...Miriam Haskell, Christian Dior, Givenchy, especially the pre-1970s stuff. As far as the picture, I'm hoping it's some artist that folks love enough to bid several hundred to obtain. But since I paid $3.99...no complaints either way.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny looking mushroom.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if this is a work by Manu Chao.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold for $188.00! Not too bad. The buyer will know he got a great deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions