Name on eBay?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, so I'd be new to eBay and had a quick question. I previously asked about if getting a PO box was worth getting. While it seems evident getting one would be beneficial another problem arises. When I go to sell on eBay when during the transaction can the buyer see my real full name? I know when I get paid on paypal they will see it in their transactions but can they see it on eBay as well? I ask because if you have a unique/uncommon name a quick search on google and up pops your full address phone number and all completely making a PO box quite useless at that point. Besides getting a business paypal account (which I can't do) is there anyway around this? Any tips would be great, I would love to get rid of stuff but I don't want to sacrifice my privacy too much.

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Put a member of your family like a child on the bank account and PO box. Children's info is sealed and you can be the executor on the account. I have secret mining claims under other people's names I don't want linked back to me with permissions only in writing for mineral contracts. No not dummy names thats illegal those are for groups I can see a comment now lol. One person and I use claim and turn in minerals letting the person refining think it came from a junk mine location. Refiners tend to talk when the ore is valuable to buddies and next thing you know people are looking my name up and high grading a my junk mine. Lol my junk mine has more holes than a sponge on it.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't sweat it. The good stuff is locked away elsewhere, there is a home alarm system, and other security measures in place. Smile for the camera!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My company name is _ _ _ _ Studios (I sometimes shorten it to _-Studios) and up until a month ago I had a PO box in another town so small my GPS can't find it. But my post office allows me to use their street address and my PO box is just #991 in the address, just like an apartment number. With ebay I used this address and with paypal I used my real name and my post office address. I admit I was paranoid because of some things I had at home. They have since been moved. But I have two buddies that watch over things, Mr Smith and Mr Wesson.

Even my websites are incognito. When I register I have to use my address but later I go in and manage my account and put in a fake address.

I just did a google of my name and got 86,400,000 hits. I once stayed at a hotel in San Diego, the receptionist said I was one of three with that name staying there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread