• jaws2shock.jpg
    jaws2shock.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 551

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electronic interference, I have been to a few place like that.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Way back years ago i lived in Naples Florida if that is the Naples you are talking about and never had any problems.. But that was 40 years ago things change….. Then i moved back north and i like the north a lot better than the south .

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the pier has shore cable hook ups for boats or has an amusement park on it, there will be a lot of EMI. That would be my guess without actually seeing the place.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If the pier has shore cable hook ups for boats or has an amusement park on it, there will be a lot of EMI. That would be my guess without actually seeing the place.
When i lived there long long ago it was just a long pier that went out into the ocean a long long pier …… And most just went out to enjoy the water or fish…….there was no hook up for boats on it and no type of amusement park or rides on it….we use to catch sharks off the pier……… th.jpeg …... th.jpeg

Last edited:

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 60's I was about 10 years old and fishing on the Naples pier with a heavy rod and reel with a large piece of bait. Hooked into something that almost pulled me over the rail. A man took the rod from me and started fighting the fish. Roughly eight hours and a dozen men later they got the fish to shore. Turned out to be a huge sting ray that they used a jeep to pull out of the surf! There was a picture put in the paper showing the jeep parked behind the ray. The rays wings extended well past the front wheels of the jeep. I ended up having to argue with the men to convince them the rod was mine and that I had actually hooked the fish originally.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was mentioned on a thread somewhere about a device from radio shack you can buy and clip onto your detector rod that eliminates EMI. About $7 I think, the large one fits on the detector rod.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there's lights or a bait shop/food stand on the pier, they might have a fault in the power cable. Might mention it to them or the local lifeguard. If the cable faulted & is leaking to ground you'll hear it on your machine. Had the same kind of interference in a local park. Told the park ranger & he got ahold of the power company. The power company guy said there was actually a fault. They were out digging the next day when I went by.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there's lights or a bait shop/food stand on the pier, they might have a fault in the power cable. Might mention it to them or the local lifeguard. If the cable faulted & is leaking to ground you'll hear it on your machine. Had the same kind of interference in a local park. Told the park ranger & he got ahold of the power company. The power company guy said there was actually a fault. They were out digging the next day when I went by.

That's scary! Never thought of that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread