Nasty tourists

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near ocean city Maryland and I know the town is a tourist hotspot but I wouldn't do what these ppl do. I'm into a 2 hour quick beach hunt and all I find are these stupid Capri sun juice packs and one jackass had the nerve to bury their complete load of trash not twenty feet from a trashcan and my ATP is telling me something is there. I'm right on the cut so I'm getting chatter so I decide to dig and dog and dig...a foot down its trash dump time. Who does this crap? How would they feel of someone did that in their neighborhood, be some serious crying for sure. The whole area was like this, I called it short, packed up with $3+ in clad and let the trash throw their trash.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

troy5rings

Jul 3, 2013
Just hit Ocean City last Tuesday and I found many soda and beer cans buried about 6-8" deep in the sand. I should have brought a bag to haul those cans out for recycling and got paid for digging them up. This was my first time hitting a beach.

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Reading this thread makes me sick. I love the beach and can't wait to go detect on it. I have a 12 yr old son that lives with his mother in Daytona and she has raised him to be a slob. However he doesn't act this way with me or in my presence. But I see this type of behavior everywhere. Ppl leave trash in there front yards and parents not making the children pick up toys. If we don't teach our children to pick up their toys you know they are not going to pick up trash not at home or the beach. Out of sight out of mind. WH

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
It is a heartbreak to see all the trash. People are living in that me world. Same people that run stop signs,speed,dont use a blinker those are the just all about me crowd. Why should I pick up my old fishing line I dont need anymore. Let mother nature clean it up. She has an island in the Pacific where she keeps all the discards. Thank God for mother nature.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are not Pigs, Beach depositor are Pigs!!!
From the looks of the replies on this thread, i'll stick with my initial assessment. People are pigs. Maybe not you, nor I but...

It is a heartbreak to see all the trash. People are living in that me world. Same people that run stop signs,speed,dont use a blinker those are the just all about me crowd. Why should I pick up my old fishing line I dont need anymore. Let mother nature clean it up. She has an island in the Pacific where she keeps all the discards. Thank God for mother nature.
If only mother nature could pick and choose her targets for revenge specifically, the world would be a much better place.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
there is so much plastic floating in the world that it creates its own eco system for bacteria,in the end we consume it,,,ever wonder what fish eat...people love florida bay lobster, bottem feeders no thanks were the canals dump all waste

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take pics of everything I take off the beaches some day we may need to defend our hobby by showing the service that we do.

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alcohol is not legal on San Diego Beaches so all the cans are usually buried as well. Although it's sad to see I have this love hate feeling about it as the finds definitely increase with consumption. The only thing better is cans and condoms ; )

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pigs are everywhere nc and sc beaches get hammered with cans Capri sun pouches. Beer bottles and bottle caps just sad. Walk by trash can on the way in and leave trash buried. Walk back by same trash cans on the way out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread