Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Executive producer at Nat Geo today to find out about the ratings and wether they wanted to do more shows or not. She said they were very concerned about all the flak they were taking about diggers. Diggers was filmed by another production company and sold to Nat Geo.
I informed her that all the feedback for the Lucky Muckers show I received, was posative and that this is the kind of show you said you want to see. She said they received lots of e-mails concerning how much people didn't like diggers but she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers.
She told me if that is the kind of show you want to see I shoud let you know to write and tell them.
Here is the e-mail to send complements or complaints about the show.
She also said the show should air again in the next couple weeks.
[email protected]
Thanks again for all the great comments
Happy Hunting!
Chicago Ron

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flak and ratings can go hand in hand. What did she say about the viewer attraction? Good? Average? Poor? I take it they've not dropped it?

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Ron, seeing as we'll probably see these shows in about 5 years on Australian pay channels I ran a quick google search "National Geographic Channel Diggers" to see if I could see what you guys were talking about and I found this which seems to have something to do with your post? http://saa.org/Portals/0/SAA/Press/Diggers.pdf

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Executive producer at Nat Geo today to find out about the ratings and wether they wanted to do more shows or not. She said they were very concerned about all the flak they were taking about diggers. Diggers was filmed by another production company and sold to Nat Geo.
I informed her that all the feedback for the Lucky Muckers show I received, was posative and that this is the kind of show you said you want to see. She said they received lots of e-mails concerning how much people didn't like diggers but she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers.
She told me if that is the kind of show you want to see I shoud let you know to write and tell them.
Here is the e-mail to send complements or complaints about the show.
She also said the show should air again in the next couple weeks.
[email protected]
Thanks again for all the great comments
Happy Hunting!
Chicago Ron

have a good un.................
SHERMANVILLE

shoot

Mar 28, 2012
IL,FL,CA,AZ,VA,PA,MI,CO - I get around.
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV , Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest anyone who writes to them about Lucky Muckers take the time to find some positive comments about it and link to them it is very easy and there are a bunch of TH forums that all have the same tone that Diggers (not to be confused with the abortion American Diggers) is not good for the community and Lucky Muckers is a much better representation and what we want to see on tv if there is going to be a spotlight it might as well be the right one.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats because you did it the British way. Diggers would not go down well over here either.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ron, seeing as we'll probably see these shows in about 5 years on Australian pay channels I ran a quick google search "National Geographic Channel Diggers" to see if I could see what you guys were talking about and I found this which seems to have something to do with your post? http://saa.org/Portals/0/SAA/Press/Diggers.pdf

Quote From Letter:

The association of professional

archaeology with "treasure hunting" impugns the discipline and the thousands of good scientists associated with it.

Which shows the archaeologists want it all.

only Exception is If they get paid

hire a consultant who is a Registered Professional Archaeologist

Of course they want a show :tongue3:

We do think, however, that a series on American archaeology could be exciting and successful if it proceeds within the parameters of good science. Such a series could utilize existing excavations and archaeological work without initiating unnecessary digs.

Jealousy ?

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron I was able to DVR your show and watched it with my wife. WE both enjoyed it and saved it for friends.
It was presented with true professionalism of our hobby.
I bought my first garret machine back in 1980 on and off again in and out and back again.
I sent a professional; that a boy E-Mail to Nat-Geo on behalf of the Muckers show
The incorporation of historical preservation in the show is a winner in my view.
Thanks for doing the show to show the ethics of 90% of our hobbyist.
A sticky with the code of ethics should be posted for all new members and visitors. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread