Natchez, Mississippi

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
Here's a few more pictures from our trip this summer down the great river road. First picture is looking north up the mighty Mississippi. The second is a mansion that was started just prior to the civil war and was never finished inside. The carpenters basically put their tools down and went off to war and that's just the way it looked inside. I believe the place was called Longwood. The last picture was taken in front of the Under the hill saloon which has been there for several hundred years if I remember correctly. I also remember the bartender telling me that Natchez is the oldest settlement on the Mississippi river and will be celebrating the three hundredth anniversary in 2017. I met a few locals and they were all very friendly towards us northerners and I consider those conversations a highlight of the trip.

Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve45

IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0938.JPG IMG_0934.JPG

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pictures & thanks for telling us about Natchez, interesting!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures! Very interesting. Hope you have more to share with us. I really enjoy them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread