National Distillers?

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was dredging and ran across this pretty deep down.
It says "national distillers" and from what I can tell its pretty old.
I've tried to search for a similar top but without success.
If anyone has more info on this as to its age/origin I'd very much appreciate it. image.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Green,

Welcome and thanks for the top view. Will you show us the full bottle, please?

"The biggest whiskey company was the National Distillers Products Company, a reputable company formed in the 1920s that was an indirect offshoot of the disreputable Whiskey Trust of the late nineteenth century. In 1933, National owned approximately 50 percent of all of the whiskey in America along with a number of notable distilleries such as the Wathen Distillery (Old Grand-Dad, Old Taylor and Old Crow), the Overholt Distillery (Old Overholt) and three other distilleries that produced straight whiskey. The company was acquired by the Jim Beam Brands Company in the 1980s." The Reawakening of the American Whiskey Business - ProhibitionRepeal.com

7llry.img

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find always wanted to give dreging a try but dont think it'll go to well in the new england area

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a bottle today with that same name on the cap about 4" down in the dirt... interesting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread