National Geographic

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
I received a detector for christmas, just to help me be active, I'm 77 years old and did request that they didn't Spend a lot for it. It's a National Geographic brand I know it would not compete with the expensive one most o0f you use. I have found several coins and shell casings. I have found most of my coins in and around churches and graveyards. MY detector often misidentified what I have found. Sometimes it says coin or silver but I don't know how deep. Is this about average for a newbie? I did have good luck looking for Civil War relics because the was so much of it present.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a detector for christmas, just to help me be active, I'm 77 years old and did request that they didn't Spend a lot for it. It's a National Geographic brand I know it would not compete with the expensive one most o0f you use. I have found several coins and shell casings. I have found most of my coins in and around churches and graveyards. MY detector often misidentified what I have found. Sometimes it says coin or silver but I don't know how deep. Is this about average for a newbie? I did have good luck looking for Civil War relics because the was so much of it present.

If you look under "Minelab Go Find series detectors" you may find lots of data on that series of detectors. There are also many U tube videos on its operation also. Yours is labeled National Geographic but it appears to me as being the a Minelab Go Find detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoy the machine!:icon_thumleft:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudos to you for getting into this hobby. Many on this site have posted that you need to use your machine for 100 hours to figure it out. I started with a Technetics Delta 4000, also an inexpensive machine. I jumped up to an AT Max, and to be honest, I understand the Delta a lot more. Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it’s working just fine if you’re finding coins and shell casings. Congrats on your finds so far. Keep at it good luck and enjoy.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the good luck to you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread