Native American artifact or natural?

tws3

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. First post, but I've been lurking for a while...

I live in Delaware, Ohio (basically Columbus), and a small creek runs behind our house in a suburban subdivision. Last month, my son's friend found an arrowhead in the creek - the last photo here. We live about a mile or two from Highbanks metropark, where there are two Native American mounds and a fortification along the Olentangy River. Our creek also drains into the Olentangy River, which is about a mile away. I never considered our creek might contain artifacts until the neighbor kid found the arrowhead. I was a little jealous he found it, so I went out last night to look around in the creek myself, and about two feet from where the kid found the arrowhead, I found the rock in the picture. The spot where it was found is right under a part of the embankment that has been undercut significantly by the current. The notch and shape of my find makes me wonder whether it's some sort of scraper, but admittedly I can't really see where it has been shaped by man - no facets or chipping, as far as I can tell. Anybody have an opinion?

Thanks, Tom

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your sons friend found a nice one. Yours looks natural. Keep searching has to be more there. Good luck!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural limestone on the 1st piece nice point on the last pic.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep looking at a good clip. That one your sons friend found is a beauty. There has got to be more. Welcome to the party. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

OP
OP
T

tws3

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your opinions. I was afraid of that. I guess it's back to the creek for more searching! I'll post my first find . . . if I ever get one! Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions