Native American Baskets

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
At a garage sale last week, I found these two Indian baskets for a dollar apiece. They may be Apache or Pina, or whatever, but an identical one sold recently for $99.00. My question is, would you sell these separately or individually? About 15" in diameter, they apparently were bought at the same time and make a set, but they have slight differences. Thanks for any help you can give me!

037.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sell them separately, you'd probably get more as a single than together, imo. Nice looking baskets.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
There is an incredibly knowledgeable person over on the ebay boards that will be able to identify these as to tribe and likely era down to a few decades. They are on vacation right now...but i would post it over there. Sell separately.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hand made will always be slightly different. If they were exactly the same i would think machine made. good luck with the ID and sale.

OP
OP
OldSowBreath

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
UPDATE:

Not Native American. Heard from several bidders that they are actually African Nigerian tourist crap. Confirmed by looking at ebay listings. Pier 1 sold them. Worth maybe $7 or $8. So I had to relist them. The nice older couple I bought them from remembered buying them years ago in Arizona. Guess they bought them at an Arizona Pier 1.
Somebody (not me) got lucky when they sold one as NA for $99.00.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

Not Native American. Heard from several bidders that they are actually African Nigerian tourist crap. Confirmed by looking at ebay listings. Pier 1 sold them. Worth maybe $7 or $8. So I had to relist them. The nice older couple I bought them from remembered buying them years ago in Arizona. Guess they bought them at an Arizona Pier 1.
Somebody (not me) got lucky when they sold one as NA for $99.00.
Well that bites. At least they were only a dollar each, cheap lesson learned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread