Native American Necklace

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March2816 056.JPG March2816 057.JPG March2816 058.JPG March2816 059.JPG March2816 060.JPG March2816 061.JPG

Hey all, wanted to post a picture of a pretty cool Native American sterling necklace I bought/found at an estate sale this past weekend in a box of costume jewelry. I know there is literally a ton of different Native American jewelry out there, but I was hoping someone may be able to recognize this maker and possible the items that are in the piece. The only item that this in this necklace that I recognize is the opal, there are three other items that I'm clueless about. Also, its stamped "Palmer" sterling on the back. Anyone ever see anything similar out there?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The square piece could be a fossil. Possibly turtle shell or skin. The teardrop looks like a regular rock/stone. Sorry, not much help. I did a quick search of NA makers marks and didn't find Palmer.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lyn Palmer that co-authored a book about sacred stones?

Last edited:

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my eyes, it does not 'look' native american, but more like an artisan piece. It's very nice. What is the font/typeface on the word "Sterling"? Is it all in caps? Can you show a close-up of the mark?

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for showing the close-up DomAdd. It helps a lot and I'll do some research and try and see if I can locate the smith. It's wonderfully tribal/artisanal in appearance.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that they are fossil pieces, and probably not Native American, but very cool. Possibly put on the Fossil Forum for id?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread