Native American Turquoise siver ring

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got back from hunting a county park. Finally found something cool: a Turquoise silver ring. I had been here many times previously(probably around 10) and never found anything good(not even many clad coins). So I had low expectations and was really just out to get some exercise. Got a 87-88 VDI on the ATP...thought it was a quarter or big piece of metal buried deep disguising itself as a coin. To my glad amusement saw this ring come out of the hole. This is one of the better silver rings I've found(#19). Looking forward to #20. The third pic is the trail that leads back to the picnic table. The ring was found behind a mesquite tree about 5 feet to the right of the picnic table. HH.
IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0734.JPG IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0736.JPG

Upvote 28

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a great, unique find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a beauty of a ring!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice ring! :occasion14:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! You should be able to determine the maker based on the hallmark. Is it a flying wings design? It looks older. Sub 8-)

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find. We just came back to Pa. for the summer from Apache Junction. Saw 102 degrees Tuesday before last. Watch out for things that rattle. They are getting pretty active.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread