Native copper? Native gold?

wolfcamp1

Mar 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561073702.850978.jpg

I believe I have found some native copper. Never seen this stuff before but there is part that appears to be gold as well. I used a test kit my wife got me a few Xmas’ ago and it shows up as 10k or less on the gold part, but definately met the criteria for being gold. It also has what looks like quartz crystals embedded. Anyone know who to go to to get it evaluated for mineral content and potential appraisal? I’m pretty new to posting on here so hopefully will be able to retrieve your responses. Thank you for any help tho can provide.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks looks a dog I knew and the way he'd lay down.
Really nice but I probably wouldn't touch it as it has more value the way it is. At least from here.
Specimens are worth more.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wolfcamp1

Mar 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it does look like a statue or something Wierd. Thanks for the input

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you are located, but I would find an assayer who can give you a good assesment of the mineral contents. They charge though, just so you know. It's a nice specimen for sure! I have a gold nugget I found that has some copper mixed in it, copper and gold can definitely be mixed with each other. Here in Montana there are assay offices all over the state, so, like I said, depending on where you are, you might have to send it to someone to get it assayed. You might post this in the gold forums, they are definitely more knowledgeable than me!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wolfcamp1

Mar 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info IAMZIM! Had no idea where to start. That’s cool that you found a gold nugget! I’m from Omaha Nebraska so maybe not as many asayers, just a lot of naysayers :). Proved them wrong by finding gold :). I’ll do some online searching for one.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread