Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:o :o :o

If you plan to return to this place let me know, I'd really like to join you! Is there an active claim on it?

BTW I have a really good camera :headbang:

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Next time I head up that way, I will give you heads up.....you will need a very modified jeep or a 4x4 quad with a winch, this area is really remote...A rhino will not make it, not enough ground clearance, you will need something that can crawl over 3'-4' boulders.....and the last part of the trail is not for the faint of heart, it climbs probably another 500' up, literally 6' wide (if that) maybe less in areas with a sheer droop off straight down.... and when you get to the top there is barley enough room to turn the jeep around.....I was seriously thinking about backing the jeep back down the mountain....its that tight up top.....
Oh yea one more thing.....it is an over night trip......takes almost all day to get in there because of the rock crawling....this mine is completely off of the trail system....I use the creek beds to get in and out.....

db

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like fun to me :headbang: I got a lifted Jeep with a locker so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for considering me :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
sweet.....as soon as the creek bottoms dry up a little......I,ll let you know....

db

Stang5_0

Greenie
Apr 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Me too please, I've got an H3.

On a side note, heading to Humbug this Saturday. Anyone interested in coming along?

Stang5_0

Greenie
Apr 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Locked in the rear. I've got some good clearance as well. I can crawl, just need the right line ;)
Rock sliders will come before a lift though.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish I woulda done that. My rocker panels are wasted :laughing9: :laughing9:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That so makes me sick, I wanna get out to do some rock hounding/prospecting to!! But several feet of snow are in the way.... >:(
It looks like its a awesome place, a large vein of copper in the ground?
Malachite etc often indicates a outline of a copper vein. (Created by i.e. Chalcopyrite oxidizing)
Look into it better!! :)

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
Those are some great looking rocks there!

Side question: thought that there's certain areas in the Bradshaws thats are off limit to prospecting, is that true? if so what areas?

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Awsome photos, dispite the blur. . . .

As far as restricted areas, that would be private property, state land, claims, and historic sites like indian burial grounds.

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Yes I have been back.......I enjoy the back country.....when the weather warms up I will go back again..... I have put a few bucket loads through my rock crusher.....with good results.....

db

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread