Naturallly Occuring Formation OR Manmade Treasure Marker/Sign?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks like a corner marker to me If you take a compass degree and it IS one of the 4 degrees that will help to verify that it is, then if you follow that line you should find other carving 189.5 feet or increments of them, then you have a settler's square league.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a corner marker to me If you take a compass degree and it IS one of the 4 degrees that will help to verify that it is, then if you follow that line you should find other carving 189.5 feet or increments of them, then you have a settler's square league.

dsty,

That's all very interesting, I'll check when I get a chance to.
Thanks for your comments.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All natural?

I don't know. It's very unusual looking. I wish I could walk around it. Is there a hole through it? If so, is there anything that stands out if you look through it into the distance? In the background it looks like several loose gray rocks sitting on top of it or another rock or formation about the same height. Is it near or along a trail?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Just this:

3 stacked trees.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
We were noticing three boulders placed in some of our sites in row and close together. Only thing we could think of was maybe the "3 pillars" of freemasonry or perhaps the 3 steps that are found before you enter a place that is sacred or holy.

Same with the 3 large flat stones laying between your gap. Perhaps it's all symbolism entering the doorway/gap/ holy place. I don't know for sure.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you found some old masonic ritual site that was supposed to represent entering a temple.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A little snake theme as well maybe.

I'd follow where they point though, maybe go a couple hundred yards , see what's there.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alot of ritualistic type groups probably found some of these places and used them for their activities, some probably not knowing anything about them or whether they involved marking mines or caches of any sort, but they would have liked the symbolism used in them. Certainly looks like it would be a creepy place at night with a few torches and candles lit around.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Also looks like someone dug a small hole in amongst those flat rocks in the gap. Maybe geocache?

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Or a varmit, this area is not visited much at all.
Too far out in the wilderness, very brushy and wild,
with cougar, bobcat, occasional different machineguns
heard firing down aways along on the creek. Crazy
bunch of hillbillies, the kind to stay well clear of.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This was likely done by a shovel. It's just a small filled in hole that's settled out a little View attachment 1493410 .

That last picture you posted looked interesting with all the shallow divots on top of the boulders. I've never really figured those out other than maybe some game of connect the dots, or seeing them on individual stand out markers just to say it's being used.

Attachments

• P1000324 (2)small hole.jpg
    P1000324 (2)small hole.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
This was likely done by a shovel. It's just a small filled in hole that's settled out a little.

That last picture you posted looked interesting with all the shallow divots on top of the boulders. I've never really figured those out other than maybe some game of connect the dots, or seeing them on individual stand out markers just to say it's being used.

I think I moved a branch out of the way to take a pic there.
Thanks for looking & commenting, have a good one.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread