Nautilus DCM II B Questions

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I have an opportunity to trade for a Nautilus DCM II B. I know that it is supposed to be a great relic machine but have never used one. I was actually planning on my next machine being a Tesoro Tejon but this popped up. How hard would the DCM be to learn and is it better than a new Tejon? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First love the bike (avatar) what made you pick the tesoro tejon for a relic machine just curious I know tesoro makes some darn good machines i just havent seen alot if posts with relic hunters using them is all

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bike is my 48 Indian Chief. It started out as a rolling bobber basket case that hadn't runs since the 50s. It took 3 years and more money that I care to admit to get it looking like it does today. My favorite ride! I have heard that the Tejon has great depth in our Virginia soil and is supposed to be a great relic machine. I know a local that has a Nautilus that he bought in the 1970s and still swears it will outhunt most modern machines.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya that is an awesome bike u Did a great job im a gear head by far always will be anythin with a motor is fun to me lol, to bad I cant give you advice on that detector I havent seen to many in action so best of luck to you on that

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read earlier about you getting ripped off. Did you ever find out anything about them?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya unfortunatly no I wont give up in my end I mean i still check pawn shops,online places,I dont get much info from my local police i think I may have bugged em to much muy then again who can blame me ya know

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a thief steal an original 1948 Virginia Motorcycle License plate off my bike while I was eating lunch at a local biker restaurant last August. It took 2 years to find and I paid $450 for it. I'm still looking for the SOB. Fortunately my insurance covered it. Good Luck on your hunt.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im hoping I got all my serial #'s so hopefully

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bike is my 48 Indian Chief. It started out as a rolling bobber basket case that hadn't runs since the 50s. It took 3 years and more money that I care to admit to get it looking like it does today. My favorite ride! I have heard that the Tejon has great depth in our Virginia soil and is supposed to be a great relic machine. I know a local that has a Nautilus that he bought in the 1970s and still swears it will outhunt most modern machines.
I doubt there are any detectors made in the '70's that are better than today's machines. I'd have to see a side by side comparison to believe it. I started detecting in 1970 and wouldn't trade ANY of my latest machines for ANY of the ones I used in the '70's.

filternozzle

Sep 2, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIB
GPX-4500
TDI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt there are any detectors made in the '70's that are better than today's machines. I'd have to see a side by side comparison to believe it. I started detecting in 1970 and wouldn't trade ANY of my latest machines for ANY of the ones I used in the '70's.

You could be missing out. My detectors are GPX and Nautilus, I have owned the Blisstool, Rutus Jupiter, XP Goldmxx and Minelab CTX3030, non of them could outperform my Nautilus and were sold on.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a thief steal an original 1948 Virginia Motorcycle License plate off my bike while I was eating lunch at a local biker restaurant last August. It took 2 years to find and I paid $450 for it. I'm still looking for the SOB. Fortunately my insurance covered it. Good Luck on your hunt.
:laughing9:… well bikers are not known for being honest..:laughing9:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would trust a biker any day over a politician.
That is true you know …. I have never shook the hand of any politician local state or federal never wanted to dirty my self up… And i have been around a long time and that is a true statement i just made………….

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions