cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone we have set a date for the 1st Dixie Diggin Classic Invitational, we are sure that you wont be disappointed with this hunt site over 100,000 men were less than 1/4 of of mile from this property fighting for what we live for today and more than 60,000 of those men fought on this property.

We have a little over 60 acres to hunt which consists of hardwoods that have recently been cleared and open fields. The hunt dates will be March 20-21, 2010. Go ahead and plan to have those days to attend a hunt that you will not want to forget.

Camping is available not far from the site if you wish to bring a tent or small RV, hotels and grills are not far away either. Within the next week or so we will be sending out invitations to the hunt the cost is only $120 per person.

Keep looking on the forum for updates to the hunt and get ready march will be here before you know it.

If you havent logged on to the forum yet remember your username is the same as it was on the old forum and your password is your email address without the ".com". If you have not signed up yet please visit us at http://wedigdixie.forumotion.net/forum.htm and become a member.

I look forward to seeing all of you there!!

Thanks
Matt

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Thanks, Matt!!
It was good to meet you this weekend.
Sorry I could hang around longer, but it
was good to see you pull that Antietam
Enfield!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds Great hope to make it. Next time you are up this way maybe we can hit some VA dirt.

Hutch

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, WOW! This sounds like a great hunt!! Girls allowed? :D AND I could get to hunt with ROB!!! :notworthy: I'll have to get over to the wedigdixie site and see what's going on!

Thanks!!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey cw,is this a well hunted area? Is it a seeded hunt? Like your website,just need a little more info on it and I know you are working toward that. :thumbsup:

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
I second warsaw. has this place been hunted heavy? Sounds like a great place. could really use 3 or more days there..

Thanks

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Hey cw,is this a well hunted area? Is it a seeded hunt? Like your website,just need a little more info on it and I know you are working toward that. :thumbsup:

It has not been hunted in over 20 years the gentleman that owns the property cut it off to the public back in the late 70's, so its only been hunted by the the people that have snuck on.

No this is not a seeded hunt what you find there will have been lost during the war.

Yes you must be a member of the wedigdixie forum to get updates on the site, once the invitations are sent and people have paid that it when more information will be released. Due to liability and protection of the site I cannot disclose any information until the day of the pre-hunt meeting. There will be more emails containing bits and pieces up until March.

Thanks for your intrest guys and gals

Re: NC Dixie Diggin Classic Invitational
Reply To This Topic #6 Posted Today at 03:11:54 PM Quote
I second warsaw. has this place been hunted heavy? Sounds like a great place. could really use 3 or more days there..

Thanks

Yea I know 3 or more days would be great, but the contracts through the landowner are for only 2 days.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tymcmurray said:
Thanks, Matt!!
It was good to meet you this weekend.
Sorry I could hang around longer, but it
was good to see you pull that Antietam
Enfield!

Thanks Ty I appreciate you coming down to say hi, sorry your back was hurting so bad or I knew you would have stayed longer, take care of your back now you hear. I will be coming back down that way around October again, maybe we can all hook up and do some swinging. Thanks Again Bud :icon_thumright:

Sounds Great hope to make it. Next time you are up this way maybe we can hit some VA dirt.

Hutch

Thanks Hutch I heard about your breast plate and bit boss that day from Joe and I was already on Antietam so when I heard about your finds my adrenaline was pumping even more, hope to meet you next time, congrats on your finds bud :hello2:

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rtde3 said:
Looking Forward to it Matt! :headbang:
I'm bringing Ole Sea Biscut with me! ;D

Well he is enough entertainment for everyone, lol look forward to seeing you both there, thanks again for the great time down in MD

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Sounds Like a good deal then. Is it a set time to hunt? Or is it Dawn till dusk? Been wanting to do some real relic hunting. Sounds like this place might be worth the trip.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this an invite only hunt, or is it for the first "X" number of detectorists that pay the fee? How many slots are there?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Buckles

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Corpsegrinder said:
Sounds Like a good deal then. Is it a set time to hunt? Or is it Dawn till dusk? Been wanting to do some real relic hunting. Sounds like this place might be worth the trip.

Yes it will be from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on the 20th and from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the 21st.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana40 said:
OH, WOW! This sounds like a great hunt!! Girls allowed? :D AND I could get to hunt with ROB!!! :notworthy: I'll have to get over to the wedigdixie site and see what's going on!

Thanks!!

Of course girls are allowed to come, just come on over to wedigdixie.net and become a member that way I can send you newsletters on the hunt updates. Hope to see you there!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I just talked to Mastereagle22 and he and I are wanting to attend. What part of NC is this in? I may want to pull my RV down there and wanted to look at campgrounds versus hotels.

Baldingboy

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Baldingboy said:
I just talked to Mastereagle22 and he and I are wanting to attend. What part of NC is this in? I may want to pull my RV down there and wanted to look at campgrounds versus hotels.

Baldingboy

It is in Eastern NC that is all the information that I can disclose at the time. There is a camp ground located 17 miles from the hunt site, and discounts do apply for people attending the hunt. I sent you an email about your log in problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions