NC Milk Bottle

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a cool milk bottle I found while inventorying some timber, There was a Biltmore milk bottle barely exposed. After I dug it up I saw the top of this bottle. It is a quart size by Silver Springs Dairy from pine bluff nc I only pick up milk bottles because my grandmother collects them, she really liked this one.
bottle.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is really cool,love the old milk bottles,don't see them much.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
000_1228c.jpg

"Milk bottles can be found with or without neck embossing. The necks of milk bottles were embossed to make it easier to grasp the bottle as well as to aid in creameries identifying their bottles. The five pint bottles pictured above represent different neck embossing. The first bottle has up side down arrows, the second has fluted panels on the neck, the third has 3 rings (we have seen as few as one and as many as six rings), the fourth has short vertical lines (the most common neck embossing) and the last milk bottle has raised dots. We have also seen milk bottles with zig zag lines, diamonds, spiral lines, the dairy's initials and slogans such as "It Whips" embossed on the bottle's neck. " Milk Bottle Necks & Lips

OP
OP
alaldrid

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000_1228c.jpg

"Milk bottles can be found with or without neck embossing. The necks of milk bottles were embossed to make it easier to grasp the bottle as well as to aid in creameries identifying their bottles. The five pint bottles pictured above represent different neck embossing. The first bottle has up side down arrows, the second has fluted panels on the neck, the third has 3 rings (we have seen as few as one and as many as six rings), the fourth has short vertical lines (the most common neck embossing) and the last milk bottle has raised dots. We have also seen milk bottles with zig zag lines, diamonds, spiral lines, the dairy's initials and slogans such as "It Whips" embossed on the bottle's neck. " Milk Bottle Necks & Lips

Thanks for the info surf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread