Sep 5, 2005
Hello all

Had a great time searching the beaches in NC. Found 18 rings:
two 14K gold men's wedding bands
one Titanium men's wedding band
two small 10K gold rings
two small 14K white gold diamond rings
one fake diamond ring (TOO BAD!!!)
Four 10K class rings (one women's dated 1986 and three men's dated 1963, 1975 and 1979--from high schools in NC, PA and VA)
two marine corps service rings (I think one is silver and very old based on the design)
One silver beach design ring and three other junk type rings

I also found 6 mercury dimes, two silver rosies, one silver 1945 qtr, one standing liberty qtr, a 1937 buffalo nickel and about $80.00 in clad (not pictured).

In addition, I found the other items (some silver) you see below.

The hurricaines of 2005 really washed the beaches out and have uncovered many items that have been burried a long time, hence the older coins and the older class rings. Enjoy!!!!!

Attachments

• Beach Finds (Dec 05).JPG
    Beach Finds (Dec 05).JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 705
  • Beach Finds (Rings) 001.jpg
    Beach Finds (Rings) 001.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 674
  • Beach Finds (Rings) 002.jpg
    Beach Finds (Rings) 002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 651
  • Beach Finds (Rings) 003.jpg
    Beach Finds (Rings) 003.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Wow! Excellent finds!!! I just got the DFX yesterday, and I live 5 to 10 minutes from 2 major beaches here (Onslow Beach, and Emerald Isle) so your post has really got me itching to get out there...great post and finds...thanks for sharing with us!

OP
OP
E

ECU04

Greenie
Sep 5, 2005
haupin said:
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Where in NC did you hunt?? How long were you on vacation?? That's amazing.

I detected the beaches in onslow and pender counties. I got in about 10 days on the beach.

OP
OP
E

ECU04

Greenie
Sep 5, 2005
usmcscorpio said:
Wow! Excellent finds!!! I just got the DFX yesterday, and I live 5 to 10 minutes from 2 major beaches here (Onslow Beach, and Emerald Isle) so your post has really got me itching to get out there...great post and finds...thanks for sharing with us!

I detected Onslow beach. There's a lot of rifle shells out there that register like coins/jewelry (50-70 on the DFX) but keep looking because there are silver coins and rings out there also. The enlisted beaches seem to be better than the officer beaches for rings. Also, small rings are very tricky because they sometimes register very low. For example, one of the small diamond rings registered as a constant +8. I thought it was just a piece of trash but I decided to dig anyway. I would suggest you dig all "constant" hits. Good luck!!! John

FoxRox

Dec 28, 2005
Lexington, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/Shadow X-5...Bullseye pinpointer
Great finds!!! I went to Myrtle beach back in July. Other than bumping into alot of other metal detectorist I found about 3 dollars in clad. I detected around the condo though and got a 1924 wheatie and a new peso. I wish I could have found a ring or two. My wife sould have been a little happier.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dayum! :o

I see a Standing Lib quarter in there, too. Hm. I have never found anything old on our beaches, though I've gotten a couple rings. I usually stick to older inland sites.

Tonight, however, I will be doing a moonlit beach hunt with a buddy from work. Night hunting is always pleasant on the beach. I hear that low tide will be at 9:00 PM and we should get out there about 10:30 or so.

Maybe I'll find something decent. I don't expect to, but it'll be fun, just the same.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Really nice display of stuff you got from the beaches. It's alot of fun making finds like that. I love the northeast for coins and relics but the beaches are a great place to build a jewlery collection. How long did you get to hunt the beaches for.

HH Jer

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds. love the rings. way to go and keep it up

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love searching a beach! Sure beats the mountains of Kentucky. Great post and excellend pictures, they're an inspiration, thanks and keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread