@nd hunt after a long recovery, gold ring. I knew I could do it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last September I fell out of the back of my pick up helping a neighbor. I broke the top of my arm in two places. Almost a year and several surgery's later and I can use the arm again. My first hunt was a bust as the local park I usually hunt was clean as a whistle. So thinking out of the box I hunted the areas I knew the guys wasn't hunting. This weekend I have some cherry hunts scheduled and cant wait to get out there. There is also a lot of construction going on and I will be hitting those areas too. We have triple digit heat so I hunt mostly in the early am.

So after watching detecting videos all night I left out this morning for a hunt. I had a ball the first place but nothing worth mentioning. The second park I started pulling coins and a pendant. But when the gold ring came out I didn't even look for a makers mark, I knew it was gold. I walked over and handed it over to my wife. Then the silver pendant came out and I did the same. I was getting some good depth due to recent rains. I had the F75 with the stock coil. It was upgraded last year and I am very happy with it.

I cant tell you how good it felt to get out. Here are the pics as the proof is in the pudding.

finds.jpg gring.jpg trash.jpg

Upvote 9

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting back out there and even bigger congrats on the ring. ....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are "back in the swing of things", congratulations on the gold find!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good news to hear your arm has healed & you are back swinging for lost treasures with your F75 - congrats on your gold - coins & other finds, (stay hydrated in this heat) anyway thank you for sharing your pictures & story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to be back, feel like my hunts are on steroids. Had a lot of set time to watch my friends make find after find. Good to see all the fine folk posting here. Im gonna have to re up my membership. They got a senior citizen and veterans discount right? lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread