142.6 KB · Views: 50

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures. Back when I was a youngun, hundreds of Cedar Waxwings used to arrive at our house one day in the fall, and completely clean off a bush that had little red berries, and then they would be gone. I had a cherry tree here and it was the same thing. The tree is gone now, and I haven't seen a Cedar Waxwing for years. Great picture.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a bird like that around here, but more yellow. I've yet to get a good picture of one. They make kind of a laughing sound. I think they catch bugs in flight or it looks like that's what they're doing.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those clouds make the old house look like it is in motion. Very neat pic! I saw what I thought was 2 waxwings at the wetlands the other day. I raised the camera, saw the yellow on the tail, and as the camera was focusing, they flew off:BangHead:. That is a very nice buck!. Great photos as always!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Guy's, I have Waxwings here around the house, and they helped the Robins eat the cherries. I haven't managed to get close enough for a picture here at home. Got lucky with this one. While driving on a back road, I saw a critter that I thought might be an elk in the distance. I stopped and looked through my cameras viewfinder, and turned out to be just a cow. At that time, the waxwing landed on a fence post right in front of me.
I talked to the rancher that owns that place, and he said he lived in that house until he was six years old. His dad built the house he lives in now about 400 yards away. He also told me he saw a big black wolf here yesterday.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
-Once again wonderful pics. Love the deer and the bird. I quit hunting a long time ago, but when I saw Bambi running like that all I could think of was venison sausage inside a hot flour tortilla with some great salsa...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We don't get to see many bucks here - they pretty much keep more in the brush. Saw about 16-18 does/bambi's on the way home from town yesterday, but no pics. Not enough time to focus going 60mph. GREAT PICS!! :thumbsup:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know you could fix up that old house there Ron. This is a before and after of the officers quarters at Fort Laramie. Nothings impossible when you got something to start with. It be a shame to see that old house gone for ever.

Attachments

• fort laramie before.jpg
    fort laramie before.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 54
  • fort laramie today.jpg
    fort laramie today.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Ya know you could fix up that old house there Ron. This is a before and after of the officers quarters at Fort Laramie. Nothings impossible when you got something to start with. It be a shame to see that old house gone for ever.
That would be a heck of a job. I wanted to go inside this one to try some inside shots, but looking through the windows, i could see it was too dangerous. The floor was all rotted out.

Forgot to mention, the owner told me it was originally about 200 yards away from where it is now. I guess they found a spring for a water source sometime after it was built, and they moved the house with horses to it's current location near the spring.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It amazes me what the old timer's did with horses and mules. Some of the old mine equipment left behind in the mountains is hard to comprehend on what that must have been like putting it all in place on a steep Mountain like they did.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It amazes me what the old timer's did with horses and mules. Some of the old mine equipment left behind in the mountains is hard to comprehend on what that must have been like putting it all in place on a steep Mountain like they did.

You ain't kidding! It's amazing what they went through moving that stuff!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome pics!!! I'm going to try to use the house pic as my wallpaper on my phone!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yup, it's a awesome wall paper!!!
4c697313d2102eda352e70bdbf0e8283.png

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some dandy pictures there! :thumbsup: That place ought to be a good site to detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread