jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MISSOULA, Mont. – State wildlife officials said they weren't sure how much interest there would be in salvaging road-killed animals for food, but with 11 permits issued in the first two days they were available, clearly the interest is there.
Fish, Wildlife and Parks spokesman Ron Aasheim tells the Missoulian three permits were requested for animals killed in Flathead County, with one each issued in Missoula, Broadwater, Jefferson, Madison, Powell and Lewis and Clark counties. Two elk, one mule deer and eight whitetail deer were claimed between Monday night and mid-day Wednesday.
People wanting to salvage deer, elk, antelope or moose killed by vehicles must apply for a free permit within 24 hours and must remove the entire animal.
People are urged to use caution in determining if the meat is safe to eat.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/ro...cle_51dd0ad4-57c4-11e3-8d86-0019bb2963f4.html

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They passed a road kill law here so people could take the meat. Good idea that the animal is not wasted and if it feeds someone more power to them. Lots of people need help now days.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a world! you need a permit to take a dead animal from the road. I wonder if the animal had the proper permit to die?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am extremely upset about this. With food stamps, welfare and grocery store sales, why should people be allowed to carry off vital nutrional supplements? As the brother of a Flathead County ranch owner and devout liberal, I have decided to organize and represent(as part of my Democratic goal of conservation)the starving grizzly, wolf and mountain lion population of her county. Our organization, entitled Feed Us and We Won't Eat You, will petition the state and the Pres. to change the law regarding road kill. Our animal friends were here first and have long claimed road kill as their own. We won't stand for people cooking our food and eating it and will join with the California democratic party to resolve this crucial matter. I have started working on a bumper sticker, maybe something with Obama and Pelozi scraping something off the road, grlling it and wrapping it in a Chapati(Kenyan flat bread). An emaciated grizz will stand in the backgroud muttering, "and they said we could keep it if we already had it". Wish me luck...

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
am in complete agreement with not wasting a resource, but have concern abt unscrupulous types intentionally ramming critters.

I personally prefer my meat unbruised sans chrome and paint.

trapperslabs

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2009
Orange County NC
Detector(s) used
Nautilous dmc2
I started my law enforcement career in NC in 1980 and remember our dept of transportation picking up road kill deer and delivering them to the closest state prison to feed the inmates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread