Nearly every bank in town has my phone number now! Now what?

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal was to get all the tellers in my town on the lookout for halves for me, and as of today I think I've gotten just a teller at about every bank to take my name and number and give me a call if any halves or big dollars come in. One of them was resistant since I don't have an account there, but it turns out that an organization I help *does*, so I volunteered to go drop off a deposit today. After doing that business, the teller was happy to get my number; she said she'd send out an email to all the tellers about what I'm looking for!

Now, for next steps. Do I sit by the phone like a lonely heart? Should I make the rounds to everybody in a couple of weeks to say Hi and verify that they are still on the lookout for me? (Maybe I could go and ask for dimes and then remind them of their promise to lookout?) Other ideas like something to "show and tell" while I'm there? (e.g. an error or funny mutilated coin that I found recently)? Probably too early to start bringing treats since most of these guys haven't actually produced for me.... yet ....

I'm just looking for ideas on how to make sure that they actually *do* call me when something comes in!

WWLJD?

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Tell me where you are at, and Ill tell you what I would do... (as long as you arent within a 100 miles or so of me.....) :laughing7:

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I still go to banks that have my number since they either lose them or dont keep track of what the other tellers do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread