Neat Cross Button & Other Relics from New Property!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a good time Saturday saving a little history! My buddy Chuck & I came across a home site in the woods (a pile of rocks). My favorite find is the small cross cuff button. I thought it had words around the outside but a quick soak in ammonia revealed some gilt and that it was just a decoration around the edge. I also found a nice assortment of other early relics. My buddy Chuck found a Burnside bullet & an 1899 V Nickel. Can't wait to get back, I think it has a lot of potential. crossbut2.pngflattrr.pngmuskets.pngtaps.pngconfed.pngcara.pngunk.pngparasol.pngbucklwa.pngcrud.png

Upvote 15
Looks like that was a busy site. Good job that's a good amount of finds Great post

Looks like that was a busy site. Good job that's a good amount of finds Great post

Thanks, if it was hunted it wasn't hunted hard. That is a lot of targets for the first go

Nice finds with the site being the best find!

A great assortment of relics , maybe next time you can find the Face to the button + More. GL
Davers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks like there is some great potential in that site. Thanks for the ID on that "piece of oil lantern". I've found the same one before and had never identified it.

Looks like a great site! That button cleaned up really well. Love the old compact too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back