Neat find

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, while driving to the bank to do some CRH I saw a sign on the side of the road that said free stuff. It was a table full of stuff that a guy had several boxes on top of it.They usually have yard sales here and he had set up and was giving it away. The first box I come to has about 10 various key rings with a lot of keys on them in a small metal container.The 2nd key ring I pull out has a 1964 Kennedy half attached to the key ring! My first 1964 half ever scored.It was black with crud and looked goldish in color prob over looked as it wasn't the normal silver color.Did the silver test and it is SILVER!! I then went through the rest of the stuff scoring two old cookie jars as well.
Went to the bank and got 40.00 in dimes and big old skunk.
So total today is

1964 Kennedy FREE :):laughing7:
40.00 in dimes from the bank SKUNK

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing beats free money, and free silver money at that!!

great job cooper!

8 rolls on dimes is 99%+ skunk in my opinion. try a box maybe.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat that with a stick! I have a clad Kennedy on my key ring. Great conversation piece at the bank. I give them away to the kids at school for good grades. Tellers tend to give up a few more rolls of halfs.

apush

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing beats free money, and free silver money at that!!

great job cooper!

8 rolls on dimes is 99%+ skunk in my opinion. try a box maybe.
Today was payday. yesterday wasnt. Got a box of dimes today and.......you got it skunk.

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat that with a stick! I have a clad Kennedy on my key ring. Great conversation piece at the bank. I give them away to the kids at school for good grades. Tellers tend to give up a few more rolls of halfs.

apush
Cool

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually have 3 silver halves on my key ring. I have found those 3, with holes drilled in them and figured why not. This way I'm never without silver. Lol

Attachments

• image-4289263225.jpg
    image-4289263225.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 108

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread