Neat Fossil Find

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I found this fossil while fishing in a pond with rip rap around it. I looked down and saw what looked like a snail. It is the only one I have ever found and it has now sparked an interest to learn more and possibly a new hobby. I hope to be able to get out and search soon, I have been looking online and have found a few places, now to just get some time off of work. Well, hope you enjoy my pic and thanks for looking.

20120312_123815.jpg

Luis S.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ENGRAVER said:
I found this fossil while fishing in a pond with rip rap around it. I looked down and saw what looked like a snail. It is the only one I have ever found and it has now sparked an interest to learn more and possibly a new hobby. I hope to be able to get out and search soon, I have been looking online and have found a few places, now to just get some time off of work. Well, hope you enjoy my pic and thanks for looking.

Luis S.

One of the best ways to learn more is to visit/join your local rock club. They have speakers, field trips, members who can identify what you find, encourage you, etc. Here's a link to the Illinois ones, just scroll down to Chicago.

http://www.rockhounds.com/rockshop/clubs/illinois.shtml

It's a fun hobby, whether you know what you're finding or not. (My family is still in the middle - we kinda know what we have, are looking for, but we haven't gotten as far as cutting, polishing or cabbing yet.)
Tigger

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow, thats a big fossil, NICE!!!

Tigger, thanks for the link, I think just finding is awesome, to think what was happening and/or what they were doing when they ended up where we find them today. Its very cool, thanks for the link, I will be looking into it.

Luis S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions