Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the type of digging I do, that little beauty would be toasted in no time. :-\

That's why I only buy Army shovels now. :wink:

(But I might get a cheap long-handled one for the fields this fall so I don't have to bend over to dig.)

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little thing might just be what I can use in some of the desert places we go. The soil is not very hard packed . That would sure beat the weight of my heavy duty fiberglass handle prospector's pick I normally carry. It's get kinda heavy after 3-4 hours.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it really depends on the kinda dirt you are digging in. I really like the looks of those and have had several exactly like them I bought at Harbor Freight. The ground in Charlotte, N.C. laughs at them. I've never dug more than a few holes and the thing started coming apart. I don't even have anything right now besides a bayonet that I dig with. I need to order something though, cause the bayonet is not very user friendly and I get some weird looks from people in parks when I'm using it. Half the time I go for stuff that's dropped in the grass to keep from breaking out the knife. I have a brass rod about the diameter of a #2 pencil lead that I poke in the ground to see how deep something is. Not very scientific, hunh?

HH,
Ramapirate

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, All I Got my Shovel Thank to the U.S. Army and my Free trip to Vetman .. I used it a Lot. and for many other Things JOE... :wink: :wink: :wink:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
BuckleBoy said:
With the type of digging I do, that little beauty would be toasted in no time. :-\

That's why I only buy Army shovels now. :wink:

(But I might get a cheap long-handled one for the fields this fall so I don't have to bend over to dig.)

Does Rigid make a long handled one with a smaller blade at the bottom? I'd like a long handled one for the fields this fall--but I won't need one with a normal sized blade. Smaller would be adequate, I think... and lighter too.

Buckles

I would like to recommend a Ridgid brand shovel. They are indestructible, have excellent grips along the handle, and said handle is long for varied types of shovel work. They are also blaze orange so as to stand out in foliage or the housing projects.

They are a little heavier than most, but I carry mine with pride. It is my favorite of all time, and I do a serious amount of shoveling. I often carry one for miles. Mine looks practically brand new, although that could not be further from the truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread