Neat Solid Silver Sombrero.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was working woods side of sidewalk strip I've done and found a wheaty and the neat Mexican silver sombrero pin. Then I found a bees 🐝 nest....
Let's just say I'm glad I ran track and my car was right across the street. Escaped with only one sting and a bee flying around the back seat... luckily it was more pre-occupied with getting out of my car than getting me. I left the windows open for it at work today. But instead of escaping it got roasted on my rear shelf...

Attachments

• 20230913_173941.jpg
    20230913_173941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Upvote 25

Gofish73

Aug 30, 2023
Was working woods side of sidewalk strip I've done and found a wheaty and the neat Mexican silver sombrero pin. Then I found a bees 🐝 nest....
Let's just say I'm glad I ran track and my car was right across the street. Escaped with only one sting and a bee flying around the back seat... luckily it was more pre-occupied with getting out of my car than getting me. I left the windows open for it at work today. But instead of escaping it got roasted on my rear shelf...

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mexico is renowned for its sterling silver jewelry and small trinkets. Whenever I've found mexican silver it has always been on the chunkier side. I think this is because Mexico has a deeper appreciation for hand-crafted silver that's often made by artisans in small workshops rather than mass produced in big factories. That broach will shine up nicely.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense because it was right next to a 1938 wheaty. I'm wondering if it's charms are still out there πŸ€” detector didn't pick anything else up in hole though. They'd be pretty small.
I thought the same thing. In the link I attached, that example has two of the little charms missing, so apparently they weren't affixed all that well. Did they all fall off after it was lost or before?. It be anyone's guess when they did actually come loose.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a little piece of lasso still hanging on. Tried to pop pin back in and of course loop that holds it brook. It's thin parts are pretty brittle. One of charm loops broke too. I didn't hear anything in hole with detector. But didn't pinpoint hole either because I saw this one It's side in middle of hole. Know where to look for the charms. Behind thevhuge tree on way in. A good landmark for the plug this was in.

Attachments

• 20230915_193759.jpg
    20230915_193759.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230915_193852.jpg
    20230915_193852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool and rather unique find- Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread