Nebraska spots

NebraskaHunt7

Dec 2, 2009
Omaha NE
Hey im really new to rock hunting. I have been doing it for a few months but it has been in my mind like a addiction, and I was wondering if anyone knew of good locations around the Western Nebraska/Eastern Iowa area? Were are the best places to look? What tools make things easier? The place I have been looking I have found pretty cool fossils and a few little rocks. The fossils found in this area are about 20 million years old. (So I am told by the park) Anyways, any tips or tricks or locations are much appreciated.

Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure you don't mean the Eastern Nebraska / Western Iowa area? I use to live in Lincoln Ne, it is a long ways from Western Nebraska to Eastern Iowa.

Sorry I can't help much, other then to say hunt the river bluffs area.

By the way, welcome to Treasure Net...........Lots of luck hunting....

Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure-Net, I would go to your local library & check on your States mineral localities.
If you look for Indian Artifacts, look for high banks around water sources, (above the flood plane).
Old mine dumps, (I find fossils in our coal mine spoil piles), petrified wood, ferns.

Good luck, Fossis.............

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread