need a lawyer to look over these documents and explain them

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA
These are the metal detecting and digging laws in georgia, could a lawyer on here try to explain these in laymans terms?

http://hpd.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=193

I mean from the sound of it theroetically no one can dig for anything even on private property without letting the DNR know about it unles I am the owner. and if anything is dug up that is over 50 years old, it belongs to the state. I myself say BS on that.

Nothing can be removed from the bottom of rivers or lakes either.

Another thing I noticed about the whole series of documents is all the double speak you can dig on private property but you can't take it with you. preserve the site for archeologists (sp) Blah blah blah

now I am all for preserving history but... what in the heck does a box of coins or bars have to do with history if there are no clues to go with it.

It all just makes me angry that this state has you by the balls no matter what.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Phuck those guy's sorry for the phlanguage! Dont ever tell them if youve found something, they are the biggest crooks out there.
Hit and run bud! Now if I find something of historical value I would be the first one to take it to someone who I could trust to exhibit it in a mueseum. But other than that they can kiss my gold diggin arse! Georgia is well known for having some of the greediest Bastages in office, only next to Alabama. My appoligies to anyone this might offend, and you are welcome to correct me on this.
If you can.
Dano.

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well said Dano.............................especially the first three words.... :o LOL couldnt of said it better myself.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I really do apologise for that post lol. It's really not the kind of language or attitude we should use here, but some times late in the evening some post like this will hit a nerve.
There has been many a person who unknowingly tried to contact authorities and do things right only to be ripped off.
I have a buddy who went to the home of a Smithsonian Archie who had a Blunderbus on their wall at home...hmmmm
Maybe we should start our own museum?

Attachments

• 1 195.jpg
    1 195.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 303

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
If you find something, keep it to yourself.
There is always someone who would like to take it away from you. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread